Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > edgesoft.ca site critique please

edgesoft.ca site critique please

Long

Hi,

Please kindly provide critique for our site at www.edgesoft.ca/go/index.html

Thank you.

--
Long On
Edgesoft Consulting Inc.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Long pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
> Hi,
>
> Please kindly provide critique for our site at www.edgesoft.ca/go/index.html

After a quick glance:

Restyle your links so they look like links. An underline would do nicely.
The color difference isn't enough and they look like some of your bold
text; I wanted to click the bold words on the Service page. Drop the
reverse-color on hover.

The Privacy and Terms pages could have larger text. Save the small stuff
for the footer.

Good points: text is resizable, and it's not fixed-width design. <g>

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Beauregard T. Shagnasty pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
> Long pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Please kindly provide critique for our site at www.edgesoft.ca/go/index.html

> After a quick glance:

I see you've cross-posted. F'ups to alt.html.critique

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

Jay

"Long" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_eflb.227138$ko%(E-Mail Removed) able.rogers.com...
> Hi,
>
> Please kindly provide critique for our site at

www.edgesoft.ca/go/index.html

> Thank you.
>
> --
> Long On

Color contrast not too good on navigation bar on the left. Hover effects on
links could be different, maybe just change the color of the link to red
when the user hovers it. Maybe underline your link text.

All of the links on your home page content are bold except for your email
link.

Long

news:d0glb.41200$(E-Mail Removed)...
: Long pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
: > Hi,
: >
: > Please kindly provide critique for our site at www.edgesoft.ca/go/index.html
:
: After a quick glance:
:
: Restyle your links so they look like links. An underline would do nicely.
: The color difference isn't enough and they look like some of your bold
: text; I wanted to click the bold words on the Service page. Drop the
: reverse-color on hover.
:
Yes, it is always good to have a fresh set of eyes to point out the obvious.

: The Privacy and Terms pages could have larger text. Save the small stuff
: for the footer.
:
I will increase the text size then.

Thanks,

Long

Long

"Jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:ydglb.1377$(E-Mail Removed)...
:
: "Long" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: news:_eflb.227138$ko%(E-Mail Removed) able.rogers.com...
: > Hi,
: >
: > Please kindly provide critique for our site at
: www.edgesoft.ca/go/index.html
: >
: > Thank you.
: >
: > --
: > Long On
:
: Color contrast not too good on navigation bar on the left. Hover effects on
: links could be different, maybe just change the color of the link to red
: when the user hovers it. Maybe underline your link text.
:
I admit I could use advice on better browser-safe color schemes.

: All of the links on your home page content are bold except for your email
: link.
:
I guess the point here is to have page-consistency.

Thanks,

Long