Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Anchor style question

Anchor style question

TheKeith

If I want to set all of the link stages to have the same properties, can I
just use a{} instead of specifying a:link {}, a:visited {}, etc, for each
stage. Thanks.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

TheKeith pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
> If I want to set all of the link stages to have the same properties, can I
> just use a{} instead of specifying a:link {}, a:visited {}, etc, for each
> stage. Thanks.

You could, but then your visitors would never know which links they've
visited; and if you remove the underline, they would not even know they
were links.

a.link {}
a.visited {}
a.hover {}
a.active {}

...in this order.

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

TheKeith

news:Tw1lb.40811$(E-Mail Removed)...
> TheKeith pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
> > If I want to set all of the link stages to have the same properties, can

> > just use a{} instead of specifying a:link {}, a:visited {}, etc, for

each
> > stage. Thanks.

> You could, but then your visitors would never know which links they've
> visited; and if you remove the underline, they would not even know they
> were links.
>
> a.link {}
> a.visited {}
> a.hover {}
> a.active {}
>
> ..in this order.

Thanks. Is there any particular reason they have to be in that order?

Chet

"TheKeith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

| "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in message
| news:Tw1lb.40811$(E-Mail Removed)...
| > TheKeith pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
| > > If I want to set all of the link stages to have the same
properties, can
| > > just use a{} instead of specifying a:link {}, a:visited {},
etc, for
| each
| > > stage. Thanks.
| >
| > You could, but then your visitors would never know which
links they've
| > visited; and if you remove the underline, they would not even
know they
| > were links.
| >
| > a.link {}
| > a.visited {}
| > a.hover {}
| > a.active {}
| >
| > ..in this order.
|
| Thanks. Is there any particular reason they have to be in that
order?

It's the cascading effect, the order in which they are applied to
the element.

hth

Chet
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (remove NO.....SPAM)