Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > HV Menu v5.5

HV Menu v5.5

earl

I've downloaded HV Menu v5.5
(http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...menu/index.htm) and implemented
it onto my webpage.

Here is a link to my web-page : http://larsandre.mine.nu/2004/template.asp

The problem, I have made a main table thats centered on the screen with
width = 640, I have tried to make the menu fit into this main table. This
almost works but the menu is just a tad more centered to the right than the
main table. This looks weird and I was wondering if I'm doing anything
wrong.

The menu uses 4 menu-items that all are 158pixels wide. (totall should equal
632 which should be well inside the main table.)

Not sure what data people need so I included some of the variables :

var MenuCentered='center';

var MenuVerticalCentered='top';

var StartTop=95;

var StartLeft=0;

var LeftPaddng=3;

var TopPaddng=2;

var FirstLineHorizontal=1;

var MenuFramesVertical=1;

If anyone needs more information please let me know.

Thanks in advanced for any help you guys might be able to lend me.

DU

earl wrote:
> I've downloaded HV Menu v5.5
> (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...menu/index.htm) and implemented
> it onto my webpage.

IMO, this is another copy-N-paste DHTML menu which is not recommendable
for *_many_* reasons that I won't explicit here.

> Here is a link to my web-page : http://larsandre.mine.nu/2004/template.asp
>
> The problem, I have made a main table thats centered on the screen with
> width = 640, I have tried to make the menu fit into this main table. This
> almost works but the menu is just a tad more centered to the right than the
> main table. This looks weird and I was wondering if I'm doing anything
> wrong.

Remove the blank spaces in the td where you include the <script>, like
this (not tested but am pretty sure this is what makes your table offset
a bit; also it seems to me that you unneedlessly over-constraint your
table):

src="menu_var.js"></script><script type="text/javascript"
src="menu_com.js"></script></td>

You may also want to include these lines to make your document use a
strict DTD and add language-based declarations:

<head>

> The menu uses 4 menu-items that all are 158pixels wide. (totall should equal
> 632 which should be well inside the main table.)

Finally, don't forget to validate your document:

http://validator.w3.org/

DU
--
Javascript and Browser bugs: