Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > define relative width using css

define relative width using css

Ingo Griegert

Hope somebody can help me on this one:

I want to create a DIV that fills the entire width of the window except for
20px on the right. So no matter how wide the browser window is, there are
always exactly 20px next to my DIV that are empty.

20px right margin cannot be used, as there are other elements that will go
up to the right side of the window.

Sorry, might be a really easy answer, but I can't come up with it.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Toby A Inkster

Ingo Griegert wrote:

> I want to create a DIV that fills the entire width of the window except for
> 20px on the right. So no matter how wide the browser window is, there are
> always exactly 20px next to my DIV that are empty.

blah

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS