Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Help! - Mozilla Not Wrapping Lines Properly

Help! - Mozilla Not Wrapping Lines Properly

TheKeith

I'm currently converting all the pages in my site to strict standard
compliance. On one of my pages, I have a bunch of images within a fixed
width div container and I want the images to wrap without any spacing
between each line. So far, IE and Opera handle it perfectly, but Mozilla
puts a little spacing between lines. Why does it do this and is there a way
for me to fix it? Thanks.

EightNineThree

"TheKeith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm currently converting all the pages in my site to strict standard
> compliance. On one of my pages, I have a bunch of images within a fixed
> width div container and I want the images to wrap without any spacing
> between each line. So far, IE and Opera handle it perfectly, but Mozilla
> puts a little spacing between lines. Why does it do this and is there a

way
> for me to fix it? Thanks.

Fridays is "Take your crystal ball to the cleaners" day.
It'd be nice to see an URL...

--
Karl Core

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid.
Friedrich Nietzsche

eightninethree AT eightninethree.com

TheKeith

"EightNineThree" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bmpn78$o5n$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "TheKeith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I'm currently converting all the pages in my site to strict standard
> > compliance. On one of my pages, I have a bunch of images within a fixed
> > width div container and I want the images to wrap without any spacing
> > between each line. So far, IE and Opera handle it perfectly, but Mozilla
> > puts a little spacing between lines. Why does it do this and is there a

> way
> > for me to fix it? Thanks.

> Fridays is "Take your crystal ball to the cleaners" day.
> It'd be nice to see an URL...

sorry: http://home.nyc.rr.com/kpetrino/thumbs/ now the difference may not
seem like much but it will make a big difference in the completed page.

TheKeith

"TheKeith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "EightNineThree" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bmpn78$o5n$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "TheKeith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I'm currently converting all the pages in my site to strict standard
> > > compliance. On one of my pages, I have a bunch of images within a

fixed
> > > width div container and I want the images to wrap without any spacing
> > > between each line. So far, IE and Opera handle it perfectly, but

Mozilla
> > > puts a little spacing between lines. Why does it do this and is there

> > way
> > > for me to fix it? Thanks.

> > Fridays is "Take your crystal ball to the cleaners" day.
> > It'd be nice to see an URL...

> sorry: http://home.nyc.rr.com/kpetrino/thumbs/ now the difference may not
> seem like much but it will make a big difference in the completed page.

of course the margins are supposed to be there

TheKeith

wait, not sure if this is the right way, but I tried setting:
line-height:100% and that seemed to do it. Is this the right way?

"EightNineThree" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bmpn78$o5n$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "TheKeith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I'm currently converting all the pages in my site to strict standard
> > compliance. On one of my pages, I have a bunch of images within a fixed
> > width div container and I want the images to wrap without any spacing
> > between each line. So far, IE and Opera handle it perfectly, but Mozilla
> > puts a little spacing between lines. Why does it do this and is there a

> way
> > for me to fix it? Thanks.

> Fridays is "Take your crystal ball to the cleaners" day.
> It'd be nice to see an URL...
>

> --
> Karl Core
>
> At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
> cease to be insipid.
> Friedrich Nietzsche
>
> eightninethree AT eightninethree.com

TheKeith

"TheKeith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm currently converting all the pages in my site to strict standard
> compliance. On one of my pages, I have a bunch of images within a fixed
> width div container and I want the images to wrap without any spacing
> between each line. So far, IE and Opera handle it perfectly, but Mozilla
> puts a little spacing between lines. Why does it do this and is there a

way
> for me to fix it? Thanks.

sorry for replying to myself a bunch of times in this post, but I just
figure out that the fix is the style: line-height:0px