Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > validating XSL

validating XSL

Disco

Hi,
I want to validate an XSLT file. My XML, HTML, CSS files have a validate
site on w3.org, but I do not know where I can find a place to validate my
XSLT sheet.

Anyone know if there is one?

Thanks

Hywel Jenkins

In article <UUGjb.277$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Hi,
> I want to validate an XSLT file. My XML, HTML, CSS files have a validate
> site on w3.org, but I do not know where I can find a place to validate my
> XSLT sheet.

If your XSLT isn't well-formed, it won't work. You need to validate the
markup it produces, so save that then sumit it to the HTML validator.

--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

Disco

Hywel Jenkins wrote:
> In article <UUGjb.277$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> Hi,
>> I want to validate an XSLT file. My XML, HTML, CSS files have a
>> validate site on w3.org, but I do not know where I can find a place
>> to validate my XSLT sheet.

> If your XSLT isn't well-formed, it won't work.

I understand that, but is their a way to validate my XSLT using the same (or
similar) services that w3.org offers for HTML, XML, CSS, etc?

> You need to validate the markup it produces, so
> save that then sumit it to the HTML validator.

My markup that is produced using my XSLT produces in valid. Does this mean
that the XSLT is valid? I cant see that being the case.

Thanks

Micah Cowan

"Disco" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Hywel Jenkins wrote:
> > In article <UUGjb.277$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > (E-Mail Removed) says...
> >> Hi,
> >> I want to validate an XSLT file. My XML, HTML, CSS files have a
> >> validate site on w3.org, but I do not know where I can find a place
> >> to validate my XSLT sheet.

> > If your XSLT isn't well-formed, it won't work.

> I understand that, but is their a way to validate my XSLT using the same (or
> similar) services that w3.org offers for HTML, XML, CSS, etc?

Any validating XML parser should be able to determine valid XSLT;
although I wouldn't expect XPaths, etc. to be checked for
sanity. But to answer your question: no, I don't think there are
similar services for XSLT.

> > You need to validate the markup it produces, so
> > save that then sumit it to the HTML validator.

> My markup that is produced using my XSLT produces in valid. Does this mean
> that the XSLT is valid? I cant see that being the case.

Yes, actually, it can be. And it would also be rather difficult
to determine by looking at valid XSLT whether or not it is
possible for the code to produce invalid results.

-Micah