Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > display "maximized"

display "maximized"

Leif K-Brooks

Whitecrest wrote:

> If it were for a kiosk you still need to know how to open a window with
> a windowless full screen, which is a HTML issue.

No, it's a browser issue. For instance, IE and Mozilla go into full
screen when you push F11. That's not in the HTML spec, nor should it be.

Hywel Jenkins

Whitecrest <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)> ...
> In article <bmkbj2$uv$2$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
> says...
> > > This could be for a Kiosk Machine.

> > In which case it would be a browser config issue, not an HTML issue.

> If it were for a kiosk you still need to know how to open a window with
> a windowless full screen, which is a HTML issue.

How did you figure that you? Show me the HTML to open a window
without borders and full screen. Kiosk mode for IE requires a
commandline switch, doesn't it?

--
Hywel

Michel

Forcing user browsers to focus, fullscreen or whatever can be done to set
browser"settings" different from what the visitor intentionally wanted is by
all means bullshit.
Providing links that help visitors adapt layouts to their screen dims, would
be more appropriate.

I agree, internet is full (of s*)

Michel

Dylan Parry

Sitting in an ivory tower, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

> Go away. The Internet is full.

You are very much right here, Jukka. Sometimes I think that, like a
Windows installation, the Internet would benefit from a system-wide format
once in a while! It would be nice to start over from scratch and avoid the
problems that were encountered first time around (eg. 1996) )

--
Dylan Parry
Now playing: Verdi - La Forza Del Destino

Mark Jones

"Hywel Jenkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> How did you figure that you? Show me the HTML to open a window
> without borders and full screen. Kiosk mode for IE requires a
> commandline switch, doesn't it?

<script>
window.open("http://www.example.com/", "windowName", "fullscreen=yes");
</script>

Hywel Jenkins

In article <sSIjb.32$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> "Hywel Jenkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > How did you figure that you? Show me the HTML to open a window
> > without borders and full screen. Kiosk mode for IE requires a
> > commandline switch, doesn't it?

> <script>
> window.open("http://www.example.com/", "windowName", "fullscreen=yes");
> </script>

Still no HTML solution, then?

--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

Mark Jones

"Hywel Jenkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) t...
> In article <sSIjb.32$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > "Hywel Jenkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > > How did you figure that you? Show me the HTML to open a window
> > > without borders and full screen. Kiosk mode for IE requires a
> > > commandline switch, doesn't it?

> > <script>
> > window.open("http://www.example.com/", "windowName", "fullscreen=yes");
> > </script>

> Still no HTML solution, then?

You really are pathetic.

Hywel Jenkins

In article <eSPjb.114$(E-Mail Removed) t>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> "Hywel Jenkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) t...
> > In article <sSIjb.32$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> > (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > > "Hywel Jenkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > >
> > > <script>
> > > window.open("http://www.example.com/", "windowName", "fullscreen=yes");
> > > </script>

> > Still no HTML solution, then?

> You really are pathetic.

You're the smart-arse that though he was clever, though. A I said,
"Show me the HTML to open a window without borders and full screen."
Can you not read, child?