Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > display "maximized"

display "maximized"

Kris

In article <bmj7ur$urs$(E-Mail Removed)1.nb.home.nl>,
"sjoerd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is there anyone with a more mature answer?
>
> "Matthias Gutfeldt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bmj77a$n6lke$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > sjoerd wrote:
> > >
> > > How can I force a browser to display my webpage in the

> "maximized"-position
> > > (is fullscreen)?

> > You used the "f" word! Go wash your mouth with soap!

Yeah.
Learn how to reply on Usenet.

In addition to your question:
- Don't force. You cannot. Don't waste your time on things you cannot
accomplish.
- Don't open new windows.
<http://diveintoaccessibility.org/day_16_not_opening_new_windows.html>
- Don't think you know what is a good windowsize for your visitor. He
knows best. Make your layout so that it adjusts to whatever space is
given to it.

--
Kris
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)erlands (nl)

David Dorward

sjoerd wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How can I force a browser to display my webpage in the
> "maximized"-position (is fullscreen)?

Fullscreen != Maximised

I accidently left my popup blocker off one day. This was the result:

http://dorward.me.uk/www/dumb/fullscreen.jpeg

Don't make the same mistake, leave the users window alone. If they want a
fullscreen or maximized window then they can ask for it.

--
David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/

Whitecrest

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> > How can I force a browser to display my webpage in the "maximized"-position
> > (is fullscreen)?

> Have you wondered whether I, as a visitor, would want my browser to
> occupy all 1600x1200 pixels of my screen?

This could be for a Kiosk Machine.

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

David Dorward

Whitecrest wrote:
>> Have you wondered whether I, as a visitor, would want my browser to
>> occupy all 1600x1200 pixels of my screen?

> This could be for a Kiosk Machine.

In which case it would be a browser config issue, not an HTML issue.

--
David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/

SamuŽl van Laere

"sjoerd" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:bmj7ur$urs$(E-Mail Removed)1.nb.home.nl...
> Is there anyone with a more mature answer?

No sence of humor

--
With regards,
SamuŽl van Laere

Hywel Jenkins

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > > How can I force a browser to display my webpage in the "maximized"-position
> > > (is fullscreen)?

> > Have you wondered whether I, as a visitor, would want my browser to
> > occupy all 1600x1200 pixels of my screen?

> This could be for a Kiosk Machine.

True, but then the person responsible for the kiosk would fire up the
browser in the appropriate manner.

--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

Whitecrest

In article <bmkbj2$uv$2$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Whitecrest wrote:
> >> Have you wondered whether I, as a visitor, would want my browser to
> >> occupy all 1600x1200 pixels of my screen?

> > This could be for a Kiosk Machine.

> In which case it would be a browser config issue, not an HTML issue.

If it were for a kiosk you still need to know how to open a window with
a windowless full screen, which is a HTML issue.

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

David Dorward

Whitecrest wrote:

> If it were for a kiosk you still need to know how to open a window with
> a windowless full screen, which is a HTML issue.

errrr what?

--
David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/

EightNineThree

"sjoerd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bmj71s$d9r$(E-Mail Removed)1.nb.home.nl...
> Hi,
>
> How can I force a browser to display my webpage in the

"maximized"-position
> (is fullscreen)?

You can shove that idea right back where it came from.
If your visitor wants their browser window maximized, they'll do it
themselves, ya jerkoff.

--
Karl Core

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid.
Friedrich Nietzsche

eightninethree AT eightninethree.com

Mark Jones

"sjoerd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bmj7ur$urs$(E-Mail Removed)1.nb.home.nl...
> Is there anyone with a more mature answer?
>
> "Matthias Gutfeldt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bmj77a$n6lke$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > sjoerd wrote:
> > >
> > > How can I force a browser to display my webpage in the

> "maximized"-position
> > > (is fullscreen)?

> > You used the "f" word! Go wash your mouth with soap!

That was the mature answer.