Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > OS Commerce integration question

OS Commerce integration question

ConTactMe

Can osCommerce be integrated into a website in a way that you can have your
own page detailing a product and click on that product, and have it added to
the shopping cart without having to go to the osCommerce page itself? I want
to be able to keep the feel of my web page without having to have customers
go to a different looking page. Also, I want to be able to add products to
the cart from several different places.

Thanks

mark | r

err you can edit the templates to make the site liik like yours!

mark

"ConTactMe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newssegb.63407$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Can osCommerce be integrated into a website in a way that you can have

your
> own page detailing a product and click on that product, and have it added

> the shopping cart without having to go to the osCommerce page itself? I

want
> to be able to keep the feel of my web page without having to have

customers
> go to a different looking page. Also, I want to be able to add products to
> the cart from several different places.
>
> Thanks

Michael Loke

ConTactMe wrote:
> Can osCommerce be integrated into a website in a way that you can have your
> own page detailing a product and click on that product, and have it added to
> the shopping cart without having to go to the osCommerce page itself? I want
> to be able to keep the feel of my web page without having to have customers
> go to a different looking page. Also, I want to be able to add products to
> the cart from several different places.
>
> Thanks

Visit this page to see examples of live shops that uses osCommerce to
get a feel of what it is capable of : http://www.oscommerce.com/shops/live

--
Michael Loke
Entier - Secure Affiliate Tracking Software

Jawn

In article <Psegb.63407$(E-Mail Removed) >,
> Can osCommerce be integrated into a website in a way that you can have your
> own page detailing a product and click on that product, and have it added to
> the shopping cart without having to go to the osCommerce page itself? I want
> to be able to keep the feel of my web page without having to have customers
> go to a different looking page. Also, I want to be able to add products to
> the cart from several different places.

The short answer is yes.

For a site with very few items in its catalog, this approach makes
sense. It would proably be more work to modify OSC than it would be to
create the appropriate script and links in your HTML site. But this is a
relatively labor intensive process and would be unworkable beyond a very
few items, or for shops whose content changes frequently.

Jordge W. L.

ConTactMe wrote:

> Can osCommerce be integrated into a website in a way that you can have your
> own page detailing a product and click on that product, and have it added to
> the shopping cart without having to go to the osCommerce page itself? I want
> to be able to keep the feel of my web page without having to have customers
> go to a different looking page. Also, I want to be able to add products to
> the cart from several different places.
>
> Thanks

what's oscommerce? a shopping cart? i guess.

Jawn

says...

> ConTactMe wrote:
> >
> > Can osCommerce be integrated into a website in a way that you can have your
> > own page detailing a product and click on that product, and have it added to
> > the shopping cart without having to go to the osCommerce page itself? I want
> > to be able to keep the feel of my web page without having to have customers
> > go to a different looking page. Also, I want to be able to add products to
> > the cart from several different places.
> >
> > Thanks

> what's oscommerce? a shopping cart? i guess.

Yep.

http://www.oscommerce.com