Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > CSS broswer variations in appearance

CSS broswer variations in appearance

Phil Thompson

hello all
i have a site i've designed that looks different in IE compared to Netscape,
Mozilla and Opera.
http://philthompson.mysite.freeserve.com/demo/index.htm

I've used CSS to try to create a page with a header, a footer, and an
inbetween bit for content.
IE display all three, Opera and Mozilla miss out the footer and Netscape
shows the footer at the top.
The fact that it appears badly in Moz and Opera makes me belive I've done
something daft with the CSS that I shouldn't've.

Also I know IE displays the margin/padding wrong and thats why my page needs
doesn't need scrolling across in IE is there a way around this, i.e. to make
a header 100% across with paddding and/or margin and have it appear perfect
in all (read: as many as possible) different browsers?

Phil

brucie

In post <blkeq8$7jg$(E-Mail Removed)>
Phil Thompson said...

> i have a site i've designed that looks different in IE compared to Netscape,
> Mozilla and Opera.
> http://philthompson.mysite.freeserve.com/demo/index.htm

fixing the errors and using a doctype to invoke "standards" mode would
be a good first step.

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/v...1&profile=css2
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...demo/index.htm

--
04/October/2003 06:59:55 am

Some hint requests for read_line variations emmba C Programming 3 02-10-2006 06:26 PM
algorithm for generating top fuzzy variations ... Giovanni Azua Java 3 08-09-2005 01:57 PM
recombination variations David Siedband Python 4 12-02-2004 08:07 PM
Omega Man variations karlpov DVD Video 0 12-30-2003 04:41 AM
[OT] Variations of "foo", "bar", etc. Joona I Palaste C Programming 32 09-15-2003 07:25 PM

Advertisments