Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How to remove space before a list

How to remove space before a list

Cliff R.

Hi, is there a way to remove the blank space that is added in HTML
when you do a list? For example:

<P>Heading</P>
<UL><LI>Item</LI></UL>

creates a skipped line between the heading and the first list item,
and I'd like the list to start directly on the next line. For example,
like this:

Heading
First item

....instead of this:

Heading

First Item.

Is there a way to achieve this? Thanks for your help.

Cliff

David Dorward

Cliff R. wrote:

> Hi, is there a way to remove the blank space that is added in HTML
> when you do a list? For example:
>
> <P>Heading</P>

If its a heading, why are you marking it up as a paragraph? Use <h1> (or
whatever number you've reached in your heirachy) and style it to look how
you want)

> <UL><LI>Item</LI></UL>
>
> creates a skipped line between the heading and the first list item,
> and I'd like the list to start directly on the next line.

That "skipped line" is a margin after the "heading" / before the list. Alter
it with the margin-top and margin-bottom CSS properties.

--
David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/

brucie

In post <(E-Mail Removed)>
Cliff R. said...

> Hi, is there a way to remove the blank space that is added in HTML
> when you do a list? For example:
>
> <P>Heading</P>
> <UL><LI>Item</LI></UL>

p{margin-bottom:0;}