Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Doctor HTML: How many free single-page checks per day?

Doctor HTML: How many free single-page checks per day?

Jack Crane

Does anyone know how many free single-page checks per day you can do at
Doctor HTML?
http://www.doctor-html.com/RxHTMLpro/

Thanks,

Jack Crane

brucie

In post <Xns940962AB358Ejdcrane7yahoocom@130.133.1.4>
Jack Crane said...

> Does anyone know how many free single-page checks per day you can do at
> Doctor HTML?
> http://www.doctor-html.com/RxHTMLpro/

<quote>
Run as many single-page reports as you want (no per-day limits as with
the public-access page).
</quote> http://www.doctor-html.com/RxHTMLpro/

--
03/October/2003 06:07:06 pm

Jack Crane

brucie <(E-Mail Removed)-html.org> wrote in news:eymnaaoe0d92.dlg@alt-
html.org:

> In post <Xns940962AB358Ejdcrane7yahoocom@130.133.1.4>
> Jack Crane said...
>
>> Does anyone know how many free single-page checks per day you can do at
>> Doctor HTML?
>> http://www.doctor-html.com/RxHTMLpro/

> <quote>
> Run as many single-page reports as you want (no per-day limits as with
> the public-access page).
> </quote> http://www.doctor-html.com/RxHTMLpro/

I thought I _was_ asking about the public-access page. If not, where is it?

Jack

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Jack Crane <(E-Mail Removed)>
writing in news:Xns940962AB358Ejdcrane7yahoocom@130.133.1.4:

> Does anyone know how many free single-page checks per day you can do at
> Doctor HTML?
> http://www.doctor-html.com/RxHTMLpro/
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jack Crane

It's an interesting service, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. It seems
to not understand XHTML Strict, and removes the DOCTYPE declaration. In
addition, for the pages I submitted to it, its "squished" version was
larger than my original.

You're probably better off using the W3 validators for your markup, CSS,
and links.

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.arbpen.com

Jukka K. Korpela

Adrienne <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> It's an interesting service, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. It
> seems to not understand XHTML Strict, and removes the DOCTYPE
> declaration. In addition, for the pages I submitted to it, its
> "squished" version was larger than my original.

The basic problem with Doctor HTML, as with many other checkers, is
that it runs a mixture of subjective tests mostly and reports its
opinion in a verbose but unclear manner. It really has strange ideas,
like calling it a "font error" if a page's style sheet specifies "Times
New Roman" or Arial as the value of a font-family attribute!

In order to make use of those messages from Doctor HTML that could
actually be useful, without getting confused with its misleading or
plain wrong messages, you need to know HTML, CSS, and other things
very well.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/