Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Cells not sizing properly

Cells not sizing properly

={ Advocated }=

Hey there, on my page i am using a few few different cells, For instance i
have 3 cells going down the page, like:
-------- a
-------- b
-------- c
--------

Each of these cells have been set with height's in the css file ive
included.

cell a has a height of 2px and cell b has a height of 15px

The thing is, they both appear the same size, any ideas?

Thanks

Richard

Url:: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.jones...s/oneoffsites/

> Thanks

Most likely because you put a character in the cell.
A space is a character and any character in the cell will cause that cell to
have the height of the character.

Isofarro

={ Advocated }= wrote:

> Hey there, on my page i am using a few few different cells, For instance i
> have 3 cells going down the page, like:
> -------- a
> -------- b
> -------- c
> --------
>
> Each of these cells have been set with height's in the css file ive
> included.
>
> cell a has a height of 2px and cell b has a height of 15px
>
> The thing is, they both appear the same size, any ideas?

Use borders in CSS rather than structural markup for a presentational
purpose.

--
Iso.
Web Design Tutorial: http://www.sitepoint.com/article/1010

Christian Dallapozza

you have to be tricky with that ...

if you use an absolute height of the table (100%), all cells will become
bigger ....
so you define the hight of each cell as you want it and in the one of
the td you set the height also 100%

here's your code:

cellspacing="0">

={ Advocated }= schrieb:
> Hey there, on my page i am using a few few different cells, For instance i
> have 3 cells going down the page, like:
> -------- a
> -------- b
> -------- c
> --------
>
> Each of these cells have been set with height's in the css file ive
> included.
>
> cell a has a height of 2px and cell b has a height of 15px
>
> The thing is, they both appear the same size, any ideas?
>
> Thanks

EightNineThree

"Christian Dallapozza" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> you have to be tricky with that ...
>
> if you use an absolute height of the table (100%), all cells will become
> bigger ....
> so you define the hight of each cell as you want it and in the one of
> the td you set the height also 100%

Uh, what?

--
Karl Core

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid.
Friedrich Nietzsche

eightninethree AT eightninethree.com