Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > how to aign text in tablecells using css-file

how to aign text in tablecells using css-file

Hugo de Payns

I like to align the text in the td to the top of the cell.
Using <tr valign=top> in html works fine, but i like to have the same
effect in the use of an css.file.

Is there a way to achive this??

Just an table example
<TABLE>
<TR>
<TD>text</TD>
<TD>text text</TD>
<TD>text text text</TD>
<TD>text text text text</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>

TIA

Steve Pugh

Hugo de Payns <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I like to align the text in the td to the top of the cell.
>Using <tr valign=top> in html works fine, but i like to have the same
>effect in the use of an css.file.

vertical-align: top;

Steve

Kris

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Hugo de Payns <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I like to align the text in the td to the top of the cell.
> Using <tr valign=top> in html works fine, but i like to have the same
> effect in the use of an css.file.
>
> Is there a way to achive this??

[table source snipped]

td, th { vertical-align: top; }

--
Kris
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)erlands (nl)

brucie

In post <(E-Mail Removed)>
Hugo de Payns said...

> I like to align the text in the td to the top of the cell.

vertical-align:top;

--
02/October/2003 09:14:32 pm

rf

"Hugo de Payns" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I like to align the text in the td to the top of the cell.

vertical-align: top;

> Using <tr valign=top> in html works fine, but i like to have the same
> effect in the use of an css.file.
>
> Is there a way to achive this??
>
> Just an table example
> <TABLE>
> <TR>
> <TD>text</TD>
> <TD>text text</TD>
> <TD>text text text</TD>
> <TD>text text text text</TD>
> </TR>
> </TABLE>

Does not look like tabular data to me

Cheers
Richard.

Leif K-Brooks

Hugo de Payns <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> I like to align the text in the td to the top of the cell.
> Using <tr valign=top> in html works fine, but i like to have the same
> effect in the use of an css.file.

td {
vertical-align : top;
}