Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > The Page Builders

The Page Builders

DaMoe

Join my community HTML help group ThePageBuilders

Looking to make this growing group an even bigger comminity.
Plenty of links and resources for your web development needs, including
computer application tutorial links, and more.

DaMoe

http://groups.msn.com/ThePageBuilders

brucie

In post <bfMeb.166491$(E-Mail Removed)>
DaMoe said...

> Join my community HTML help group

why?

--
02/October/2003 01:08:15 pm

DaMoe

Dude why you have to get smart, its just a community and the statmnt
specifically says "Looking to make this growing group an even bigger
comminity" Thats why, Thats why people be hesitant to post stuff on these
things, cause of jerks like your self. Loosin up and stop given folks a
hard time. if you have nothing decent to say, dont say nothing.
"DaMoe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bfMeb.166491$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Join my community HTML help group ThePageBuilders
>
> Looking to make this growing group an even bigger comminity.
> Plenty of links and resources for your web development needs, including
> computer application tutorial links, and more.
>
> DaMoe
>
> http://groups.msn.com/ThePageBuilders

DaMoe

community

"DaMoe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HOMeb.166517$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dude why you have to get smart, its just a community and the statmnt
> specifically says "Looking to make this growing group an even bigger
> comminity" Thats why, Thats why people be hesitant to post stuff on

these
> things, cause of jerks like your self. Loosin up and stop given folks a
> hard time. if you have nothing decent to say, dont say nothing.
> "DaMoe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bfMeb.166491$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Join my community HTML help group ThePageBuilders
> >
> > Looking to make this growing group an even bigger comminity.
> > Plenty of links and resources for your web development needs, including
> > computer application tutorial links, and more.
> >
> > DaMoe
> >
> > http://groups.msn.com/ThePageBuilders

brucie

In post <HOMeb.166517$(E-Mail Removed)>
DaMoe said...

> Dude why you have to get smart, its just a community and the statmnt
> specifically says "Looking to make this growing group an even bigger
> comminity" Thats why,

i thought is was a reasonable question. what makes your group so
different from the gazillions of others? why should/would someone
choose your group instead of one of the others? wouldn't they be
better off using a group that already has a large userbase thereby
increasing the chances of having their problems solved?

"Plenty of links and resources for your web development needs,
including computer application tutorial links, and more."

can be said of any group.

--
02/October/2003 01:25:32 pm

rf

"DaMoe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bfMeb.166491$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Join my community HTML help group ThePageBuilders
>
> Looking to make this growing group an even bigger comminity.
> Plenty of links and resources for your web development needs, including
> computer application tutorial links, and more.
>
> DaMoe
>
> http://groups.msn.com/ThePageBuilders

From the opening page:

"All HTML tags are enclosed within < > brackets."

You mean HTML element. If you are talking about HTML the first thing you
should introduce is the concept of the HTML element.

"Almost all HTML commands ..."

There are no HTML commands. HTML doesn't *do* anything.

"In using opening tags it will causes[sic] all the text and graphics that
entered after it to be affected."

Nope. "The content of the HTML element is affected by the attributes
suggested in the elements opening tag, plus whatever stylesheet rules select
that element" would better express whatever you are trying to say.

"These results from the code will stay active until a closing tag is placed
on the entry".

Wrong. Closing tags are, in HTML, often optional. Plus, this sort of
statement implies the invalid use of incorrectly nested elements, as in
misleading statements often arise because the author has mis-interpreted
what HTML is about and has fallen into the "command" mindset. There are no
"commands" in HTML. There is no "code" in HTML. There elements, tags,
attributes and attribute values.

"The browsers that you use on your PC"

What if I am using a mac? A Sun Sparkstation? A telephone? This *is* the
twenty first century

"The best browsers I have come across are those of the Internet Explorer
Series"

IE is one of the most badly designed browsers in common use. The only reason
to use it is to ensure a design does not inadvertently break for the 80% of
sheep out there who use it.

"There is and upgraded version about every 6 months"

Not any more there isn't.

The HTML in this page: Table soup.

The CSS in this page: Hardly anything, just a bunch of 'background colour'
rules. Speaking of CSS why are there no "CSS resources" listed anywhere on
the site?

If you are going to present yourself as an expert go a group of people who
are probably themselves experts and in many cases professionals then you
must get your information and terminology correct.

I would recommend this site as something to peruse to find out what *not* to
do. If the information presented in the links on this site are of the same
standard as the site itself then I would recommend them to be used for the
same purpose.

It would be better for somebody seeking information to ignore this site and
ask here. At least here any wrong answers are quickly corrected by those who
actually *know* the answers.

Cheers
Richard.

brucie

In post <vnNeb.133069$(E-Mail Removed)>
rf said...

> "The browsers that you use on your PC"

> What if I am using a mac? A Sun Sparkstation? A telephone? This *is* the
> twenty first century

very true. in 2001 over 85 million people accessed the net using a
mobile device (16%). by the end of 2004 its estimated to be over 392
million people (41.5%). its going to be very hard for people to
continue to bury their head in the sand and pretend a high end PC
running IE is all that matters.

--
02/October/2003 02:25:53 pm

Hywel Jenkins

In article <bfMeb.166491$3o3.12017822@bgtnsc05-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Join my community HTML help group ThePageBuilders
>
> Looking to make this growing group an even bigger comminity.
> Plenty of links and resources for your web development needs, including
> computer application tutorial links, and more.

That really is a bad example to anyone starting out. I think I said
something similar last time you posted about it.

--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

Woolly Mittens

"DaMoe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bfMeb.166491$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Looking to make this growing group an even bigger comminity.

So what's wrong with this newsgroup?

brucie

In post <3f7bd8c1$0$5771$(E-Mail Removed)>
Woolly Mittens said...

> So what's wrong with this newsgroup?

many things but i think the biggie is people not being required to
supply a link to nudie pics of themselves before participating.

--
02/October/2003 06:51:35 pm