Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > submit

submit

emwu

how to make submit button, like that:

<input class="input_bg" type="submit" name="submit" value="upload">

but with image instead of default button with text "upload"
?
--
pozdr.
xEM~

Steve Pugh

emwu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>how to make submit button, like that:
>
><input class="input_bg" type="submit" name="submit" value="upload">
>
>but with image instead of default button with text "upload"
>?

type="image"

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#h-17.4.1

Steve

xEM

Steve Pugh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> emwu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>how to make submit button, like that:
>>
>><input class="input_bg" type="submit" name="submit" value="upload">
>>
>>but with image instead of default button with text "upload"
>>?

> type="image"
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#h-17.4.1
>
> Steve

i put this:
<input type="image" name="submit" value="upload" src="/images/go.gif">

but my upload stopped working
everything looks good, but not working (with normal button works fine)
--
pozdr.
xEM~

Steve Pugh

xEM <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Steve Pugh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :
>> emwu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>how to make submit button, like that:
>>>
>>><input class="input_bg" type="submit" name="submit" value="upload">
>>>
>>>but with image instead of default button with text "upload"

>> type="image"
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#h-17.4.1
>>

>i put this:
><input type="image" name="submit" value="upload" src="/images/go.gif">
>
>but my upload stopped working
>everything looks good, but not working (with normal button works fine)

What is your form handler on the server expecting to receive?

With the submit button submit=upload will be sent to the server along
with the rest of the data from the form. With the image submt.x=XX and
submit.y=YY where XX and YY are the mouse coordinates of the click on
the image, will be sent instead.

Other than that, post a URL and let us test it.

Steve

Jukka K. Korpela

xEM <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> i put this:
> <input type="image" name="submit" value="upload"
> src="/images/go.gif">
>
> but my upload stopped working
> everything looks good, but not working (with normal button works
> fine)

When everything else fails, consider reading the manuals, or FAQs.
You might start from
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/imagebutton.html
Consider posting the URL if problems remain, and note that the form
handler is relevant too - and we cannot analyze what it does even if
you post the URL of your page.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/