Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > "Ampersand" in email addresses

Reply
Thread Tools

"Ampersand" in email addresses

 
 
Monomeeth
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-30-2003
Hi All

I hope someone can help me...

I work in a large organisation which a network of 24,000 computers. We use
Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Servers for our email platform. However, I
have come across a problem...

A number of our mailboxes have the ampersand character in the email address
(ie. The '&' character). However, when trying to use a hyperlink to these
addresses, all that appears in the "To:" field in Outlook are the characters
BEFORE the ampersand, and nothing from the ampersand onwards. As a result,
Outlook is unable to recognise the email address!

How do I code the link? I have tried using "&" instead of just "&" in
the HTML code, but this makes no difference.

PLEASE HELP...

Thanks.

Monomeeth.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Kris
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-30-2003
In article <BB9F905F.4E97%(E-Mail Removed)>,
Monomeeth <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I work in a large organisation which a network of 24,000 computers. We use
> Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Servers for our email platform. However, I
> have come across a problem...
>
> A number of our mailboxes have the ampersand character in the email address
> (ie. The '&' character). However, when trying to use a hyperlink to these
> addresses, all that appears in the "To:" field in Outlook are the characters
> BEFORE the ampersand, and nothing from the ampersand onwards. As a result,
> Outlook is unable to recognise the email address!
>
> How do I code the link? I have tried using "&amp;" instead of just "&" in
> the HTML code, but this makes no difference.


Try %26.

Like in <a href="mailto:foo%(E-Mail Removed)">.

--
Kris
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)erlands (nl)
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-30-2003
Monomeeth wrote:

> Hi All


> I hope someone can help me...


> I work in a large organisation which a network of 24,000 computers.
> We use
> Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Servers for our email platform.
> However, I
> have come across a problem...


> A number of our mailboxes have the ampersand character in the email
> address
> (ie. The '&' character). However, when trying to use a hyperlink to
> these
> addresses, all that appears in the "To:" field in Outlook are the
> characters
> BEFORE the ampersand, and nothing from the ampersand onwards. As a
> result,
> Outlook is unable to recognise the email address!


> How do I code the link? I have tried using "&amp;" instead of just
> "&" in
> the HTML code, but this makes no difference.


> PLEASE HELP...


> Thanks.


> Monomeeth.



I use OE on my PC at home and just tried sending myself mail with & in the
addy.
Worked just fine sending and receiving.
Myhost uses a unix server though.
It's possible that you may have to change some kind of permission in the
server to accept the & and other special characters.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to implement a firewall for Windows platform that blocks based on Mac addresses instead of IP addresses cagdas.gerede@gmail.com C Programming 1 12-07-2006 04:30 AM
Physical Addresses VS. Logical Addresses namespace1 C++ 3 11-29-2006 03:07 PM
238 Million email addresses download online your email list welcome2044@yahoo.com Computer Information 4 11-01-2004 11:59 PM
Bulk Email online download 238 million email addresses Memo Computer Support 0 09-28-2004 08:33 AM
238 Million email addresses download online your email list Memo Computer Support 0 09-19-2004 02:36 PM



Advertisments