Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > restart

restart

How to make so that a browser has passed automatically on another web page.
A usual way with the help teg meta

( < meta http-equiv = "refresh" content = "20" url = "URL" >) does not work.
If can, send a code on Java or VBScript.

P. S. Why the way through teg META does not work?

SeeSchloss

" " a pens trs fort :

> How to make so that a browser has passed automatically on another
> web page. A usual way with the help teg meta
>
> ( < meta http-equiv = "refresh" content = "20" url = "URL" >)
> does not work. If can, send a code on Java or VBScript.
>
> P. S. Why the way through teg META does not work?

I think it's rather like < meta http-equiv="refresh"
content="time, URL" />

--
SeeSchlo - http://gpu.sourceforge.net

SeeSchloss

"SeeSchloss" a crit :
> " " a pens trs fort :
>>
>> How to make so that a browser has passed automatically on
>> another web page. A usual way with the help teg meta
>>
>> ( < meta http-equiv = "refresh" content = "20" url = "URL" >)
>> does not work. If can, send a code on Java or VBScript.
>>
>> P. S. Why the way through teg META does not work?

> I think it's rather like < meta http-equiv="refresh"
> content="time, URL" />

Sorry, it's

--
SeeSchlo - http://gpu.sourceforge.net

David Dorward

wrote:

> How to make so that a browser has passed automatically on another web
> page.

The standard way is using the Location parameter in the http header that is
sent before the html file.

Location: http://www.some.other/url/

Usually in conjunction with a suitable status code (200 OK (the default) is
generally not as appropriate as one of the Moved headers.

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/HTRESP.html

--
David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/

kayodeok

" " <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed)-kom.ru:

> How to make so that a browser has passed automatically on
> another web page. A usual way with the help teg meta
>
> ( < meta http-equiv = "refresh" content = "20" url = "URL" >)
> does not work. If can, send a code on Java or VBScript.

Use Standard redirects:
http://www.w3.org/2001/06tips/reback

--
Kayode Okeyode