Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > CSS problem

CSS problem

John M

Hello,

I have the code below. It works not really good, it makes a very intresting
things for me.
The input are should be a blue field, but on WinXP and IE6 it is a yellow
field. If I chang the text "Name" to other text such as "demo" the field
will be blue.
If I write "email" or any text with email such as "demoemail" the field will
be yellow.

What can I do, what is wrong? (I have to use WinXP and IE6)

Thanks!

<head>
<!--
..in {
background-color: #D9E5F0;
border: 1px solid #333333;
}
-->
</head>
<form name="InsertForm" method="post" action="">
<TR><TD>demoemail</TD><TD><input type="text" name="pdw_name"
class="in" id="pdw_name" size="20" maxlength="35" ></TD></TR>
</form>

David Dorward

John M wrote:

> The input are should be a blue field, but on WinXP and IE6 it is a yellow
> field. If I chang the text "Name" to other text such as "demo" the field
> will be blue.
> If I write "email" or any text with email such as "demoemail" the field
> will be yellow.
>
> What can I do, what is wrong? (I have to use WinXP and IE6)

My crystal ball says that you have the Google Toolbar and it is telling you
it can fill the field in automatically.

--
David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/

picayunish

John M wrote in news:Tlldb.149349$(E-Mail Removed):
> Hello,
>
> I have the code below. It works not really good, it makes a very
> intresting things for me.
> The input are should be a blue field, but on WinXP and IE6 it is a yellow
> field. If I chang the text "Name" to other text such as "demo" the field
> will be blue.
> If I write "email" or any text with email such as "demoemail" the field
> will be yellow.
>
> What can I do, what is wrong? (I have to use WinXP and IE6)

The css and html codes are correct.
IE6 has set as yellow for the input fields.
Change the input fields the setting of WinXP for IE6.
--
Edwin van der Vaart (Geen familie van....)
http://members.chello.nl/e.vandervaart/ Experimental site

=?iso-8859-1?Q?brucie?=

In post <bl4oc1$eh2$1$(E-Mail Removed)>
David Dorward said...

> My crystal ball says that you have the Google Toolbar and it is telling you
> it can fill the field in automatically.

thats come up a few times now. i suppose its too much to ask that
people actually know what the software they install does.

i wonder what would happen if you had a toolbar with a big red button
"delete your hard disk".

probably bankrupt AOL.

--
28/September/2003 07:34:05 am

SeeSchloss

"brucie" a écrit :
> In post <bl4oc1$eh2$1$(E-Mail Removed)>
> David Dorward said...
>
>> My crystal ball says that you have the Google Toolbar and it is
>> telling you it can fill the field in automatically.

> thats come up a few times now. i suppose its too much to ask that
> people actually know what the software they install does.
>
> i wonder what would happen if you had a toolbar with a big red
> button "delete your hard disk".
>
> probably bankrupt AOL.

roflol

--