Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > shopping carts, etc

shopping carts, etc

ruby_red

HI

I am relatively new at web design, and have a client who is interested in
bulding a small site with payment options included. What he will be selling
is research documents, with a listing of perhaps 10 or 20 items for sale. I
approached one payment administrator (usa epay) but their response was
unintelligable and their sign-up fees astronomical.

Can anyone suggest an easy way to do this? Credit card stuff must be secure
of course. Would paypal be able to do a thing where a customer would click
on an icon to order the document of interest, be taken to the paypal site,
proceed with payment, and that would open a gateway for the customer to
download the purchased document?

thanks for any advice or resources on shopping cart setups.

Ruby

brucie

In post <FHqcb.35$%k.15@edtnps84>
ruby_red said...

http://www.mals-e.com/

--
25/September/2003 10:37:27 am

Talc Ta Matt

>Would paypal be able to do a thing where

Yes, PayPal can handle this.

mark | r

"ruby_red" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> HI
>
> I am relatively new at web design, and have a client who is interested in
> bulding a small site with payment options included. What he will be

selling
> is research documents, with a listing of perhaps 10 or 20 items for sale.

> approached one payment administrator (usa epay) but their response was
> unintelligable and their sign-up fees astronomical.
>
> Can anyone suggest an easy way to do this? Credit card stuff must be

secure
> of course. Would paypal be able to do a thing where a customer would

click
> on an icon to order the document of interest, be taken to the paypal site,
> proceed with payment, and that would open a gateway for the customer to
> download the purchased document?
>
> thanks for any advice or resources on shopping cart setups.

you can use the 'lite' versions of www.astrosell.com and www.actinic.co.uk -
they provide up to 20 products in an easy to administrate and secure
processing system. The orders are saved securely online and downloaded
theough a desktop application to be manually processed like any telephone
order

mark

Horace A. Vallas, Jr.

yeah - paypal can do this sort of thing but you'll probably need to
use the paypal IPN stuff and some processing on your side to allow
download only after IPN has actually succeeded -- but then, I expect
that if a payment processor's info was unintelligible, you'll probably
find the paypal IPN stuff equally unclear

--
Horace ...once known as "Kicker"
....drop by and chat if I'm online http://www.hav.com/chat/

Thawte Web Of Trust Notary in SW Houston, Tx.
http://www.hav.com/?content=/thawteWOTnotary.htm
What is a Vet? ... He is the barroom loudmouth, dumber than five
wooden planks, whose overgrown frat-boy behavior is outweighed a
hundred times in the cosmic scales by four hours of exquisite
bravery near the 38th parallel. ... - Unknown

Mark Jones

Try these guys. http://www.cart32.com/