Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > OT: Good email prog?

OT: Good email prog?

={ Advocated }=

Hey there, im after a good email program, better than Outlook express, maybe
text only? or how can i make OE text only? Im sick of all the spam and crap

CHeers

Toby A Inkster

={ Advocated }= wrote:

> Hey there, im after a good email program, better than Outlook express, maybe
> text only? or how can i make OE text only? Im sick of all the spam and crap

Eudora? Becky? Thunderbird? The Bat?

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "={ Advocated }="
<(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
news6Gab.3524$(E-Mail Removed):

Pegasus - http://www.pmail.com

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.arbpen.com

kayodeok

"={ Advocated }=" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news6Gab.3524$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hey there, im after a good email program, better than Outlook
> express, maybe text only? or how can i make OE text only? Im
> sick of all the spam and crap

I use The Bat ver 1.62. Current Version is 2.0 from
http://www.ritlabs.com

<rant>
I won't be upgrading as ver 2.0 offers the ability to do HTML
</rant>

--
Kayode Okeyode
http://www.kayodeok.btinternet.co.uk/

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept, ={ Advocated }= <(E-Mail Removed)> feverishly
typed:

> Hey there, im after a good email program, better than Outlook
> express, maybe text only? or how can i make OE text only? Im sick of
> all the spam and crap

You seem to be labouring under the impression that your email program is the
reason you are getting spam. That is not the case.

Cheers,
Nige

--
Nigel Moss.

Email address is not valid. http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed). Take the dog out!
"How strange the change from major to minor..."

={ Advocated }=

"nice.guy.nige" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bkg3e2$1ekim$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> While the city slept, ={ Advocated }= <(E-Mail Removed)>

feverishly
> typed:
>
> > Hey there, im after a good email program, better than Outlook
> > express, maybe text only? or how can i make OE text only? Im sick of
> > all the spam and crap

> You seem to be labouring under the impression that your email program is

the
> reason you are getting spam. That is not the case.
>
> Cheers,
> Nige
>
> --
> Nigel Moss.
>
> Email address is not valid. (E-Mail Removed). Take the dog out!
> http://www.nigenet.org.uk | Boycott E$$O!! http://www.stopesso.com
> "How strange the change from major to minor..."

no im not, but it doesnt stop it does it

Csaba2000

As long as we're off topic here and talking about mail,
is there any freely available mailer (So: not email client,
not email server. I just want to be able to send) for
Win 2K that does not put in additional headers when
it sends out email?

I have a PHP app that is responding to people registering
on a website of mine, and it sends out emails (via
http://PostCastServer.com). And it does its thing OK, only it
bugs me that it inserts this extra header (near as I can tell
it's a bug, which I submitted, but no response). It's just
one of those things that I eventually want to clean up.

Regards,
Csaba Gabor from New York

Other pending off topic question:
1) Is there a forum that deals with discussion of copying DVDs

"={ Advocated }=" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news6Gab.3524$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey there, im after a good email program, better than Outlook express, maybe
> text only? or how can i make OE text only? Im sick of all the spam and crap
>
> CHeers

William Tasso

={ Advocated }= wrote:
> how can i make OE text only?

Ensure you have ie6/sp1

Tools --> Options --> Read

checkbox: Read all messages in plain text

--
William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

Toby A Inkster

Csaba2000 wrote:

> As long as we're off topic here and talking about mail,
> is there any freely available mailer (So: not email client,
> not email server. I just want to be able to send) for
> Win 2K that does not put in additional headers when
> it sends out email?

You could try installing Cygwin with SSMTP.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
playing://ryan_adams/gold_uk_version/14_touch_feel_and_lose.ogg

Toby A Inkster

kayodeok wrote:

> <rant>
> I won't be upgrading as ver 2.0 offers the ability to do HTML
> </rant>

But it doesn't *force* you to.