Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > css and headings

css and headings

Tom

Hi
I am using the following CSS for my h1 tag.

h1 {
font-size:0.9em;
font-family: verdana, sans serif;
font-weight: bold;
color:#000000;
line-height: 1em
}

However there is a very large space between the heading and the next piece
of text as if it thinks that the line height after the text should be very
large. Any thoughts on this?
Thanks
Tom

Tom

Have worked it out...
Needed to include the margin setting

Toby A Inkster

Tom wrote:

> h1 {
> font-size:0.9em;

Huh? A bit small for the main heading of your page.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Tom pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
> Hi
> I am using the following CSS for my h1 tag.
>
> h1 {
> font-size:0.9em;
> font-family: verdana, sans serif;
> font-weight: bold;
> color:#000000;
> line-height: 1em
> }
>
> However there is a very large space between the heading and the next piece
> of text as if it thinks that the line height after the text should be very
> large. Any thoughts on this?

I see by your second post that you've found the margin attribute. But, do
you really want your major headings to be smaller than your paragraph
text? 0.9em ? Wouldn't a setting around 1.6em be better?

Perhaps it is because you've chosen Verdana, which is too large to start
with...

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

PTG

Set padding and margin to zero?

"Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:bkf4kc$1cp$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> I am using the following CSS for my h1 tag.
>
> h1 {
> font-size:0.9em;
> font-family: verdana, sans serif;
> font-weight: bold;
> color:#000000;
> line-height: 1em
> }
>
> However there is a very large space between the heading and the next piece
> of text as if it thinks that the line height after the text should be very
> large. Any thoughts on this?
> Thanks
> Tom

Leif K-Brooks

"Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<bkf4kc$1cp$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hi
> I am using the following CSS for my h1 tag.
>
> h1 {
> font-size:0.9em;
> font-family: verdana, sans serif;
> font-weight: bold;
> color:#000000;
> line-height: 1em
> }
>
> However there is a very large space between the heading and the next piece
> of text as if it thinks that the line height after the text should be very
> large. Any thoughts on this?
> Thanks
> Tom

Try adding margin:0 to that.