Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > locking a table's top row (Excel stylee)

locking a table's top row (Excel stylee)

Phil Thompson

I want to lock the top row of a table, so that when the table scrolls the
top layer is always visible, I have managed to get this to work in IE but it
doesn't in Netscape, so is there a way to make it work in Netscape/Opera/etc
as well?
the sample site is here:
http://philthompson.mysite.freeserve.com/Test/

Phil

William Tasso

no you haven't, I'm afraid < http://williamtasso.com/usenet/philthompson.png

--
William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

Phil Thompson

"William Tasso" wrote:
> Phil Thompson wrote:
>
> [ http://philthompson.mysite.freeserve.com/Test/ ]
>
> > I want to lock the top row of a table, so that when the table scrolls
> > the top layer is always visible, I have managed to get this to work
> > in IE

> no you haven't, I'm afraid <

http://williamtasso.com/usenet/philthompson.png

bizarre, cos it worked for me in IE6

> --
> William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

DU

Phil Thompson wrote:

> I want to lock the top row of a table, so that when the table scrolls the
> top layer is always visible, I have managed to get this to work in IE but it
> doesn't in Netscape, so is there a way to make it work in Netscape/Opera/etc
> as well?
> the sample site is here:
> http://philthompson.mysite.freeserve.com/Test/
>
> Phil