Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Dynamic Layers and IE

Reply
Thread Tools

Dynamic Layers and IE

 
 
kev
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-16-2003
Hi
I have a problem with the way IE displays layer. I have layers in a
table, links on the left td . and the corresponding layer on the right
td.
However, IE places a big gap when I mouseover the link. If I use Opera
or Netscape 7, it appears flush with where I positioned the tables in
DW.
Yes it used js, but hey I am a newbie ok?!?
lol
Advice appreciated considering that most of my users use IE...
link is:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sparrow/uwb/stoz.htm


Kev


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
kev
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-17-2003
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 00:09:38 +0100, kev <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi
>I have a problem with the way IE displays layer. I have layers in a
>table, links on the left td . and the corresponding layer on the right
>td.
>However, IE places a big gap when I mouseover the link. If I use Opera
>or Netscape 7, it appears flush with where I positioned the tables in
>DW.
>Yes it used js, but hey I am a newbie ok?!?
>lol
>Advice appreciated considering that most of my users use IE...
>link is:
>http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sparrow/uwb/stoz.htm
>
>
>Kev
>


No one have an idea why IE is doing this? How can I overcome it?
Thanks
Kevin
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
rf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-17-2003

"kev" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 00:09:38 +0100, kev <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >I have a problem with the way IE displays layer.


<snip>

> No one have an idea why IE is doing this? How can I overcome it?


I had a look earlier this morning but I decided that as your design in
flawed [1] I wouldn't go any further, waiting for somebody else to tell you
about the flaw.

I think you have found one of the many bugs with the IE box model.
Restructure your layout and you may avoid the bug. You may have to rewrite
the layout from the ground up.

[1] You are relying on javascript to present your content. This means that
tens or perhaps hundreds of millions of viewers out there can not view your
content. Stats suggest that 10 to 15% of viewers do not have/can not have
javascript.

What is wrong with a simple page hierarchy, a normal home page with links to
normal child pages?

Cheers
Richard.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Subnets between core and access/distribution layers & routing between layers J Cisco 0 12-13-2006 08:38 PM
Dynamic forms, show/hide layers chris_huh Javascript 0 08-11-2006 01:39 PM
Abstraction Layers And Their Importance Silverstrand Front Page News 0 01-31-2006 04:48 AM
Tiers, Layers, Models and Design Patterns (Model-2 of Struts) Jan Brunia Java 1 02-10-2004 05:38 AM
Layers and Forms Andrew Banks HTML 3 12-23-2003 10:24 PM



Advertisments