Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Avoid website to eliminate frames

Avoid website to eliminate frames

Christian Koehler

Hello,

I have a problem regarding framesets in an HTML document:
I'm linking to an external website in one of my frames with the intention
that the external website will open within my frame while keeping my other
frames. The problem is the website I'm linking to has a script to eliminate
all frames (so that the website is displayed as _top).

Is there a script to stop the external website to open as top and to keep
its contents within my frames?

Thanks in advance,
Christian Koehler

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Christian Koehler pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem regarding framesets in an HTML document:
> I'm linking to an external website in one of my frames with the intention
> that the external website will open within my frame while keeping my other
> frames. The problem is the website I'm linking to has a script to eliminate
> all frames (so that the website is displayed as _top).

You may have come across one of my websites, then.

I do not wish to be in *your* frame. Visitors may think it is *your* page.
Why do you want to hijack someone else's work?

> Is there a script to stop the external website to open as top and to keep
> its contents within my frames?

I certainly hope not.

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

Mark Parnell

Christian Koehler wrote:
> Hello,

G'day.

> I have a problem regarding framesets in an HTML document:
> I'm linking to an external website in one of my frames with the
> intention that the external website will open within my frame while
> keeping my other frames. The problem is the website I'm linking to
> has a script to eliminate all frames (so that the website is
> displayed as _top).
>
> Is there a script to stop the external website to open as top and to
> keep its contents within my frames?

1. Don't use frames.
2. You might want to read up on the relevant copyright laws.
3. Don't use frames.

--

Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Sid Ismail

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 00:43:44 +0200, "Christian Koehler"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

: Hello,
:
: I have a problem regarding framesets in an HTML document:
: I'm linking to an external website in one of my frames with the intention
: that the external website will open within my frame while keeping my other
: frames. The problem is the website I'm linking to has a script to eliminate
: all frames (so that the website is displayed as _top).
:
: Is there a script to stop the external website to open as top and to keep
: its contents within my frames?

I am so glad they have that script. You're illegal!

Sid

Whitecrest

In article <bk83mr$tku$05$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> I have a problem regarding framesets in an HTML document:
> I'm linking to an external website in one of my frames with the intention
> that the external website will open within my frame while keeping my other
> frames. The problem is the website I'm linking to has a script to eliminate
> all frames (so that the website is displayed as _top).

It is their site. They may not want to be in a frame.

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

EightNineThree

"Christian Koehler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bk83mr$tku$05$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem regarding framesets in an HTML document:
> I'm linking to an external website in one of my frames with the intention
> that the external website will open within my frame while keeping my other
> frames. The problem is the website I'm linking to has a script to

eliminate
> all frames (so that the website is displayed as _top).
>
> Is there a script to stop the external website to open as top and to keep
> its contents within my frames?

Why? You think your visitors don't have "Back" buttons?

--
Karl Core

Charles Sweeney says my sig is fine as it is.

rf

"Christian Koehler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bk85ef$1s2$00$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
> > I do not wish to be in *your* frame. Visitors may think it is *your*

page.
> > Why do you want to hijack someone else's work?

> Please don't misunderstand me. What I was trying to do is I want to create

> starting page for the Internet Explorer that allows me display two

different
> websites (that is computer news at chip.de and world news at spiegel.de)

at
> once so I can read the headlines side by side. Unfortunately spiegel.de

has
> such a script preventing me from doing that.

Open two different browser windows and position them accordingly on your
screen. You could do this with a few mouse clicks or, since this is for you
own personal use, some javascript.

Cheers
Richard.

Glenn Mcclary

OH! Lord, the only thing I hate worse than frames is microsoft!!
marginal, verry marginal.... kill all frames!!!

Andy Dingley

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 01:13:24 +0200, "Christian Koehler"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Please don't misunderstand me. What I was trying to do is I want to create a
>starting page for the Internet Explorer that allows me display two different
>websites (that is computer news at chip.de and world news at spiegel.de) at
>once so I can read the headlines side by side.

see if you can get the content you want by RSS

(and it plays hell with copyright, but you could scrape the content
and re-display it, possibly by turning it into RSS on the way)

Headless

Christian Koehler wrote:

>Please don't misunderstand me. What I was trying to do is I want to create a
>starting page for the Internet Explorer that allows me display two different
>websites (that is computer news at chip.de and world news at spiegel.de) at
>once so I can read the headlines side by side. Unfortunately spiegel.de has
>such a script preventing me from doing that.

You could use a filtering proxy like Proxomitron to filter out that
particular bit of js for that domain.

Headless

--
Email and usenet filter list: http://www.headless.dna.ie/usenet.htm

Avoid having a SQL express for web parts and avoid personalization Roger23 ASP .Net 2 10-12-2006 10:54 PM
How to avoid frames? Cogito HTML 68 08-02-2004 12:41 AM
Link needed to go from a non-frames page to a Frames page, and load a particular frame. How? - Newbe Philip HTML 3 06-28-2004 03:06 PM
Avoid wasting time or how to avoid initialization Alexander Malkis C++ 8 04-13-2004 11:23 PM
From Frames to no frames? Powerslave2112 HTML 2 01-20-2004 10:30 PM

Advertisments