Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: SUN challenges Microsoft

Re: SUN challenges Microsoft

Phrederik

"Trevor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> CNN announces that SUN is developing browser software.
>

> Since Microsoft draws a lot of hate mail, I thought people might like

this:

> http://us.cnn.com/2003/TECH/biztech/....ap/index.html

Why would it be cheaper to rent Sun's OS at $50 per year, when I can buy
MS's OS one time and use it for five years + ?

Also, we already know that Java is a dead language. Sun can't even keep it's
JVM compatible between versions. That's what I want in an OS -
INCOMPATIBILITY!

Dylan Parry

Phrederik wrote:

> Also, we already know that Java is a dead language. Sun can't even keep
> it's JVM compatible between versions. That's what I want in an OS -
> INCOMPATIBILITY!

Java is very much alive. Maybe not on the Web in the form of applets, but
elsewhere (embedded systems etc) Java is doing a great job.

--
Dylan Parry

Toby A Inkster

Dylan Parry wrote:

> Phrederik wrote:
>
>> Also, we already know that Java is a dead language.

> Java is very much alive. Maybe not on the Web in the form of applets, but
> elsewhere (embedded systems etc) Java is doing a great job.

And also on the server. e.g. JSP.

>> Sun can't even keep
>> it's JVM compatible between versions. That's what I want in an OS -
>> INCOMPATIBILITY!

Ever tried compiling a VB6 app in VB3? Or vice versa?

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Trevor

"Phrederik" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message news:<fGL9b.6796$CU3.6218@pd7tw3no>...
> "Trevor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > CNN announces that SUN is developing browser software.
> >

> > Since Microsoft draws a lot of hate mail, I thought people might like

> this:
> >
> > http://us.cnn.com/2003/TECH/biztech/....ap/index.html

> Why would it be cheaper to rent Sun's OS at $50 per year, when I can buy
> MS's OS one time and use it for five years + ?
>
> Also, we already know that Java is a dead language. Sun can't even keep it's
> JVM compatible between versions. That's what I want in an OS -
> INCOMPATIBILITY!

I posted only since I hear so many berate MS software. I thought
people would be comforted by the fact that SUN is offering something
similar to IE.