Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Replacing a table

Replacing a table

Paul F. Johnson

Hi,

A few people viewing http://www.reelnorth.co.uk/index-2.html have been
having problems with a table at the bottom of the page (it has three pngs
in).

As the second season is due to air in a couple of weeks, I've decided to
give the website a makeover and fix some parts which were annoying me
(the table being one of them).

I've replaced the table with a small piece of css, but as you can see if
you look at http://ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk/rn2/ the graphics are in the
wrong place now (from the top, their fine from the left).

The css controling the position of the graphics is

#logos {
float: left;
position: relative;
margin-left:15em;
}

not exactly rocket science!

Can anyone see what I've done wrong? The page probably won't validate on
w3c (I've not tried it).

TTFN

Paul

caveat lector

>From: "Paul F. Johnson" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
>Newsgroups: alt.html
>Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 11:03:22 +0100

>Hi,
>
>A few people viewing http://www.reelnorth.co.uk/index-2.html have been
>having problems with a table at the bottom of the page (it has three pngs
>in).
>
>As the second season is due to air in a couple of weeks, I've decided to
>give the website a makeover and fix some parts which were annoying me
>(the table being one of them).
>
>I've replaced the table with a small piece of css, but as you can see if
>you look at http://ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk/rn2/ the graphics are in the
>wrong place now (from the top, their fine from the left).
>
>The css controling the position of the graphics is
>
>#logos {
> float: left;
> position: relative;
> margin-left:15em;
>}
>
>not exactly rocket science!
>
>Can anyone see what I've done wrong? The page probably won't validate on
>w3c (I've not tried it).
>
>TTFN
>
>Paul

Looking at the first page:
Nwv_logo.png and Salford.png are small, compared to Kino_small. Too many
graphics in a row.

You could cut kino_small into smaller bits and/or bring some graphics down to
another TR and center them.

--- --
Jeff Levy on Computers
http://www.jefflevy.com/