Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How do you make a flat-looking button or text field?

How do you make a flat-looking button or text field?

Bruce W...1

How does one make a flat-looking button or text field? That is with no bevelled
edges, maybe just a thin line on the edge?

I know you can do it with Macromedia Flash but there must be other ways.

I know you could use an image button but this wouldn't have any client-side
behavior like hover or mouse down.

I have just about every cool software tool available. I'm just not sure of the
best angle to attack this problem.

Let me rephrase the question. What's the easiest way to make a flat-look button
that changes its appearance on mouseDown?

Thanks for your help.

David Dorward

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/box.html#b...yle-properties

--
David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/

DU

Bruce W...1 wrote:

> How does one make a flat-looking button or text field? That is with no bevelled
> edges, maybe just a thin line on the edge?
>
> I know you can do it with Macromedia Flash but there must be other ways.
>
> I know you could use an image button but this wouldn't have any client-side
> behavior like hover or mouse down.
>
> I have just about every cool software tool available. I'm just not sure of the
> best angle to attack this problem.
>
> Let me rephrase the question. What's the easiest way to make a flat-look button
> that changes its appearance on mouseDown?
>
> Thanks for your help.

Advanced interactive CSS button design page:
http://www10.brinkster.com/doctorunc...SSButtons.html

DU
--
Javascript and Browser bugs:
http://www10.brinkster.com/doctorunc...e7Section.html

Bruce W...1

DU wrote:

> Advanced interactive CSS button design page:
> http://www10.brinkster.com/doctorunc...SSButtons.html
>
> DU
> --
> Javascript and Browser bugs:
> http://www10.brinkster.com/doctorunclear/
> - Resources, help and tips for Netscape 7.x users and Composer
> - Interactive demos on Popup windows, music (audio/midi) in Netscape 7.x
> http://www10.brinkster.com/doctorunc...e7Section.html

That's good. Thanks. Do it with CSS.

Bu t what about the client-side behavior on mouseDown?

David Dorward

Bruce W...1 wrote:

> Bu t what about the client-side behavior on mouseDown?

input[type=submit] {
/* Normal Style */
}

input[type=submit]:active {
/* Style on mouse down */
}

Its a pity MSIE is so far behind the times. You'll need JavaScript to have
any effect there.

--
David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/

William Tasso

Bruce W...1 wrote:

> I have just about every cool software tool available.

? Estwing

--
William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com