Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > can you word wrap a long pull down menu option?

can you word wrap a long pull down menu option?

Joe

Just wondering - is it possible to word wrap a long string of text in
a pull down menu? This is not an ideal visual solution, but I'm just
wondering if there's a way to do it.

Thanks,

Jukka K. Korpela

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Joe) wrote:

> Just wondering - is it possible to word wrap a long string of text in
> a pull down menu?

Yes, browsers are allowed to do that. But I don't think they take that
option.

> This is not an ideal visual solution, but I'm just
> wondering if there's a way to do it.

It's useful to specify the original problem, instead of revolving around
an assumed solution. Why would you like to make the text word wrap, in
which context? If it "needs" to wrap, it's probably too long anyway.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/