Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Footer?

Reply
Thread Tools

Footer?

 
 
Big Wave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-10-2003
How do I create a table or cell that lands at the very bottom of the page. I
need it to "stick" to the bottom of the browser window when it is resized.
Any help with the code? Thanks


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Kevin Hooke
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-10-2003
This is one approach:

- define the height attribute of the table to be 100% - the table will fill
the browser page
- split the height of the rows in the table to divide the 100% equally
across your rows.

This example has a top row with 90% height and a bottom row with 10%. You
can resize the page and the table will resize to fill all the available
space:

<table border="1" height="100%" width="100%">
<tr height="90%" align="top">
<td>Main body content</td>
</tr>
<tr height="10%">
<td>Footer content</td>
</tr>
</table>


For future reference:
http://bbweblog.kevinhooke.com/BBWeb...&action=detail


--
Kevin Hooke

MindBeans Software Consulting
http://www.mindbeans.net

"Big Wave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BB84EFDB.E763%(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I create a table or cell that lands at the very bottom of the page.

I
> need it to "stick" to the bottom of the browser window when it is resized.
> Any help with the code? Thanks
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
EightNineThree
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-10-2003

"Kevin Hooke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eUN7b.3048$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> This is one approach:
>
> - define the height attribute of the table to be 100% - the table will

fill
> the browser page
> - split the height of the rows in the table to divide the 100% equally
> across your rows.
>
> This example has a top row with 90% height and a bottom row with 10%. You
> can resize the page and the table will resize to fill all the available
> space:
>
> <table border="1" height="100%" width="100%">
> <tr height="90%" align="top">
> <td>Main body content</td>
> </tr>
> <tr height="10%">
> <td>Footer content</td>
> </tr>
> </table>
>
>
> For future reference:
>

http://bbweblog.kevinhooke.com/BBWeb...&action=detail
>
>
> --
> Kevin Hooke


Brilliant idea.
Give someone invalid markup as an answer to their issue.


--
Karl Core

Charles Sweeney says my sig is fine as it is.


 
Reply With Quote
 
andy johnson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-10-2003
On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:12:28 -0400, Big Wave <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>How do I create a table or cell that lands at the very bottom of the page. I
>need it to "stick" to the bottom of the browser window when it is resized.
>Any help with the code? Thanks
>

you can go through http://www.realworldstyle.com/ plus try "div
footer" in Google... That should give you enough ammunition to do it
in CSS.


-
Andy

"There would be a lot more civility in this world if people
didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you"
- (Calvin and Hobbes)
 
Reply With Quote
 
Nico Schuyt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-11-2003
Big Wave wrote:
> How do I create a table or cell that lands at the very bottom of the
> page. I need it to "stick" to the bottom of the browser window when
> it is resized. Any help with the code?


No need for tables or cells. Have a look at:
http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/footer.htm
Regards, Nico


 
Reply With Quote
 
Els
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-11-2003
Nico Schuyt wrote:

> Big Wave wrote:
>
>>How do I create a table or cell that lands at the very bottom of the
>>page. I need it to "stick" to the bottom of the browser window when
>>it is resized. Any help with the code?

>
>
> No need for tables or cells. Have a look at:
> http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/footer.htm
> Regards, Nico


Nico, you might want to give your footer div a px height, as
now, when my window is smaller, the text in it flips off the
screen

--
Els

Mente humana é como pára-quedas; funciona melhor aberta.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Nico Schuyt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-11-2003
Els wrote:
> Nico Schuyt wrote:
>> Big Wave wrote:


>>> How do I create a table or cell that lands at the very bottom of the
>>> page. I need it to "stick" to the bottom of the browser window when
>>> it is resized. Any help with the code?


>> No need for tables or cells. Have a look at:
>> http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/footer.htm
>> Regards, Nico


> Nico, you might want to give your footer div a px height, as
> now, when my window is smaller, the text in it flips off the
> screen


OK. Thanks for the advice!
Nico


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Advertisments