Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Two iframes

Two iframes

Gram

Can anyone help with the following:

I have a link that changes a page in an iFrame, using the target=""
attribute. This works fine.

Can anyone tell me if its possible to get this one link to change two
iframes? to display a different page in each?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Gram.

Nico Schuyt

Gram wrote:
> I have a link that changes a page in an iFrame, using the target=""
> attribute. This works fine.
> Can anyone tell me if its possible to get this one link to change two
> iframes? to display a different page in each?

Not with iframes. You can however create a frameset with two frames and load
that frameset with the link.
Disadvantages of frames are great. Iframes are even worse. Try to solve the
problem with div boxes.
Good luck, Nico

Kris

In article <YUI7b.31249$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Gram" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have a link that changes a page in an iFrame, using the target=""
> attribute. This works fine.

For changing the page in the iframe, yes.

> Can anyone tell me if its possible to get this one link to change two
> iframes? to display a different page in each?

No without JavaScript. And that would make your page structurally
inaccessible to non-JavaScript browsers. (unless duplication of content
to an extreme is an option, but that is unlikely)

However, you can load a different page that contains the same two
iframes, except with different sources to load each. I hear you think,
"what is the use of iframes then?". Good point.

--
Kris
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)erlands (nl)

Gram

Thanks Guys,

Got it working using onCLick

Thanks again.

Gram.

"Gram" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:YUI7b.31249$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone help with the following:
>
> I have a link that changes a page in an iFrame, using the target=""
> attribute. This works fine.
>
> Can anyone tell me if its possible to get this one link to change two
> iframes? to display a different page in each?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help,
>
> Gram.

Nico Schuyt

Gram wrote:
> Gram wrote

>> I have a link that changes a page in an iFrame, using the target=""
>> attribute. This works fine.
>> Can anyone tell me if its possible to get this one link to change two
>> iframes? to display a different page in each?

> Got it working using onCLick

Bad solution. About 10-15% of visitors has JS disabled.
Nico

Gram

Its okay, because its not a general webpage, its a piece of software in an
intranet.