Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > need key

need key

Steve

Hello,
I am trying to have users log into a web site. The problem is that I
need to keep track of each user. I want to put a key into the page I serve
to the user, so that the key will be sent back when the page is submitted or
refreshed. Got any ideas?

Steve

--
Steven West
Office: 603.679.1304

David Dorward

Steve wrote:

> I am trying to have users log into a web site. The problem is that I
> need to keep track of each user. I want to put a key into the page I serve
> to the user, so that the key will be sent back when the page is submitted
> or refreshed. Got any ideas?

Many server side programing languages have session tracking modules
available (or built in). Consult the documentation for whatever language
you use.

--
David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/

Steve

I am using an embedded OS for the HTTP server. All html is written in "c".
Steve

news:bjeq49$66a$1$(E-Mail Removed)...