Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Font size in TEXTAREA

Font size in TEXTAREA

Seamus Conlon

Is there any way of controlling the font size within a TEXTAREA? I have
tried a
<FONT size= "1"> statement immediately before the <TEXTAREA> but it does
not seem to have any effect. My page also uses CSS to define a style for
the BODY
element but I presume that would not affect the TEXTAREA! I have also tried
add a style for the TEXTAREA element but again to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Seamus Conlon
<(E-Mail Removed)>

Kris

In article <bj2it0$jhf$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Seamus Conlon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is there any way of controlling the font size within a TEXTAREA? I have
> tried a
> <FONT size= "1"> statement immediately before the <TEXTAREA> but it does
> not seem to have any effect. My page also uses CSS to define a style for
> the BODY
> element but I presume that would not affect the TEXTAREA! I have also tried
> add a style for the TEXTAREA element but again to no avail.

CSS is the answer. Define a style for the TEXTAREA element. If you
already did so and it appeared not working, then you probably did
something wrong. In that case, here is an example:

textarea { font-size: 120%; }

--
Kris
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)erlands (nl)

Matthias Gutfeldt

Seamus Conlon schrieb:

> Is there any way of controlling the font size within a TEXTAREA?

Controlling? Nope. But you can make style suggestions with CSS. See e.g.
<http://gutfeldt.ch/matthias/articles/styleforms/styletemplate.php?incl=6>

Matthias

Janne Raiskila

> CSS is the answer. Define a style for the TEXTAREA element. If you
> already did so and it appeared not working, then you probably did
> something wrong. In that case, here is an example:

> textarea { font-size: 120%; }

You can also change the font:

textarea { font-family: Verdana }

--
Janne

Kris

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Chris Morris <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > CSS is the answer. Define a style for the TEXTAREA element. If you
> > already did so and it appeared not working, then you probably did
> > something wrong.

> Or happened to be using a browser that doesn't support (all) styling
> on form controls.

That is very, very rare for the font-size property.

--
Kris
(E-Mail Removed)erlands (nl)
"We called him Tortoise because he taught us" said the Mock Turtle.

Seamus Conlon

Thanks Kris. When I inserted the correct CSS incantations it worked a
treat.

Seamus

news:(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...