Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Cell Height in print preview

Re: Cell Height in print preview

Black Mage

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 21:17:29 +0100, Darren King wrote:

Have you tried the css "max-width" property? I am unsure of it's support
in MSIE... try setting it.

Darren King

Black Mage,

I found this tag today as it goes and tried it, however it seems that it can
not be used on Tables.

I know said I am not fussed about cross browser compatibility but I did try
it in Netscape just to see and after fixing a problem in the CSS it did
display the page but expanded the cell even in the browser.

I also tried putting the text inside a DIV tag and setting the following
settings on that

div
{
height: 22mm;
overflow: hidden;
}

This seemed to do the same, it worked in the browser and not in Print
Preview or Print, (Seemed to work fine in Netscape) Problem is most people
use IE

I have also found out the MSIE 5 seems to work fine, should I put this down
to a Bug in IE6 or IE5?

Either way is there a way Of getting round the issue, Or is there a way of
laying out the page not using tables?

Again any help appreciated

Cheers

Darren