Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > **HELP: layer as form target and refresh layer with an external file **

**HELP: layer as form target and refresh layer with an external file **

Federico Bari

Hi all,

i searched a lot in internet for documentation, but i don't find so much
about my problems. I need to do 2 things I thing interesting for other
people who read this news group:

1) i have a form inside a layer; i need the answer page update just the same
layer and not the entire page; somebody know how to do?

2) i need to update the content of a layer by clicking a link in another
position of the page (not in the same layer) and the content must be taken
from a specified url file. Do you know how to do?

Thank you very much and sorry for my bad english. Ciao from italy,

Federico.

Toby A Inkster

Federico Bari wrote:

> 1) i have a form inside a layer; i need the answer page update just the same
> layer and not the entire page; somebody know how to do?

What do you mean a layer? There is not such concept in HTML. Do you mean
a <div>? See the answer to question two, as it is the same.

> 2) i need to update the content of a layer by clicking a link in another
> position of the page (not in the same layer) and the content must be
> taken from a specified url file. Do you know how to do?

Use <iframe>.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS | (E-Mail Removed) | pgp:0x6A2A7D39
aim:inka80 | icq:6622880 | yahoo:tobyink | jabber:(E-Mail Removed)

Federico Bari

.... hi tahnk you. Yes i mean <div...> ... is it not possible make thet two
things with <div ...> tag? Do i have the same freedom grad with <iframe...>
instead <div...>? How can i do using <ifram>??? for exampe can i define the
target of the <form...> with the name of the iframe? and to load a text file
inside a <iframe>?? tahn you again. federico.

messaggio news(E-Mail Removed). ..