Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > best FREE HTML editor

Reply
Thread Tools

best FREE HTML editor

 
 
Freeware Gazette
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-02-2003
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 00:32:47 GMT, Paul White wrote:

>I use UltraEdit.
> Its an enhanved Notepad editor that does HTML syntax
>highlighting.


Come on, do words still have a meaning or what? I guess you call Open
Office Writer and HTML-Kit 'enhanced Notepad editors' as well.
UltraEdit is a fully fledged programmer's editor, but it's not free
and therfore off topic in this thread.

F.G.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Janne Raiskila
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-02-2003

"kayodeok" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Xns93E848F6D4C8Fnews4kayode@130.133.1.4...
> "Pavlov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> newsla4b.5140$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > i'd like to know which's the best one between all free HTML
> > visual editors. I tried Sothink HTML editor but it does not
> > handle CSS and it has some major problems with image handling.
> > Even if not free, i'd like an extremely cheap software, not more
> > than $50.

>
> EditPlus
> http://www.editplus.com/
>
> --
> Kayode Okeyode
> http://www.kayodeok.btinternet.co.uk.../webdesign.htm



I think 1st Page 2000 is the best HTML editor ever!

http://www.evrsoft.com/1stpage2.shtml

--
Janne


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Richard B.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-02-2003
"SamuŽl van Laere" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote on Mon, 01 Sep 2003
11:00:01 GMT:

> I use Stone's WebWriter for handcoding and editing html:
> http://www.stoneware.dk/english/default.htm
> Its free for private use.
> Sure there are many other around, perhaps even better ones,
> but it works for me and that is what counts.


I like it too but it has a few quirks:

- The postioning of the mouse pointer on right click menus is awkward
so that one can activate menu choices accidentally
- image right is image left and vice versa (not relevant when css is
used)
- tags are in capitals by default
- a few other small things.
- it begins to show its age (!). New version for HTML 4.01 and XHTML
needed.

Richard B.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Terry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-02-2003
Janne Raiskila wrote:
> "kayodeok" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:Xns93E848F6D4C8Fnews4kayode@130.133.1.4...
>
>>"Pavlov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>newsla4b.5140$(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>
>>>i'd like to know which's the best one between all free HTML
>>>visual editors. I tried Sothink HTML editor but it does not
>>>handle CSS and it has some major problems with image handling.
>>>Even if not free, i'd like an extremely cheap software, not more
>>>than $50.

>>
>>EditPlus
>>http://www.editplus.com/
>>
>>--
>>Kayode Okeyode
>>http://www.kayodeok.btinternet.co.uk.../webdesign.htm

>
>
>
> I think 1st Page 2000 is the best HTML editor ever!
>
> http://www.evrsoft.com/1stpage2.shtml
>
> --
> Janne
>
>

Sure would like to try 1stpage, Janne, but I get a 404 from the dowload
site!

T.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Headless
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-03-2003
Terry wrote:

>> I think 1st Page 2000 is the best HTML editor ever!
>>
>> http://www.evrsoft.com/1stpage2.shtml
>>
>>

>Sure would like to try 1stpage, Janne, but I get a 404 from the dowload
>site!


It's no longer available for download from the evrsoft site, but others
have put it up, Googling for it it took me just a few seconds to find
it.


Headless

--
Email and usenet filter list: http://www.headless.dna.ie/usenet.htm
 
Reply With Quote
 
Terry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-03-2003
Headless wrote:
>
> It's no longer available for download from the evrsoft site, but others
> have put it up, Googling for it it took me just a few seconds to find
> it.
>
>
> Headless
>

Got it, thanx muchly

 
Reply With Quote
 
Mr. Clean
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-03-2003
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Terry wrote:
>
> >> I think 1st Page 2000 is the best HTML editor ever!
> >>
> >> http://www.evrsoft.com/1stpage2.shtml
> >>
> >>

> >Sure would like to try 1stpage, Janne, but I get a 404 from the dowload
> >site!

>
> It's no longer available for download from the evrsoft site, but others
> have put it up, Googling for it it took me just a few seconds to find
> it.


I think Macromedia's attorneys contacted them about their interface being so
"Homesite-like"...

 
Reply With Quote
 
Headless
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-03-2003
Mr. Clean wrote:

>> >> I think 1st Page 2000 is the best HTML editor ever!
>> >>
>> >> http://www.evrsoft.com/1stpage2.shtml
>> >>
>> >Sure would like to try 1stpage, Janne, but I get a 404 from the dowload
>> >site!

>>
>> It's no longer available for download from the evrsoft site, but others
>> have put it up, Googling for it it took me just a few seconds to find
>> it.

>
>I think Macromedia's attorneys contacted them about their interface being so
>"Homesite-like"...


I'm assuming that evrsoft wanted to save bandwidth costs. Interests in
HTML editors seems to have evaporated, development of the vast majority
of them has stopped.

One thing 1st page 200 unfortunately hasn't managed to copy from
Homesite is it's extended search & replace function, I couldn't work
without it. XHTML support is also non existent in 1st page 2000.


Headless

--
Email and usenet filter list: http://www.headless.dna.ie/usenet.htm
 
Reply With Quote
 
Chris T.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-06-2003
Headless <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote on Thu, 04 Sep 2003 00:42:28 +0100:

> One thing 1st page 2000 unfortunately hasn't managed to copy from
> Homesite is it's extended search & replace function, I couldn't work
> without it. XHTML support is also non existent in 1st page 2000.


It shows its age. They have been announcing version 3 for about two
years now but I don't think we'll ever see it.

Chris
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best *free* WYSIWYG HTML editor(s) Vinayak HTML 10 11-09-2005 11:00 PM
Nvu: a-BEST FREE GRAPHIC HTML EDITOR & TUTORIAL Ringo HTML 4 07-18-2005 11:37 AM
ANN: New low-cost XML Editor, XSLT Editor, XSLT Debugger, DTD/Schema Editor Stylus Studio Java 0 08-03-2004 03:53 PM



Advertisments