Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: XHTML1.0 validation problem

Re: XHTML1.0 validation problem

Andreas Prilop

CJ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> [...]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> What part are you calling a lie?

The underlined.

>>> Mozilla 1.4, Opera 7.11, IE6.sumthin - The first two on M$XP and Mandrake
>>> Linux 9.1 , IE6 only on M$XP

>> http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nht...ampersand.html

> You have made a link to a link to a search engine advanced search page..
> well done

And which of the supposed-to-fail browsers did you use to get there?

CJ

Andreas Prilop wrote:

> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> What part are you calling a lie?

> The underlined.

Lets get something straight here. I am not a liar, what have I got gain from
it? I consider that to call somebody a liar is a grave insult. I may be
wrong, mistaken, a complete idiot whatever, but I'm not a liar

>>> http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nht...ampersand.html

>> You have made a link to a link to a search engine advanced search page..
>> well done

> And which of the supposed-to-fail browsers did you use to get there?

In this case Konqueror. I'm using Knode as my newsreader and that's the
default, which I have not had the need to change.

Problem is you didn't link to the specific case that I had.

--
remove ".nospam" from my reply address

Isofarro

CJ wrote:

>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>> What part are you calling a lie?

>> The underlined.

> Lets get something straight here. I am not a liar, what have I got gain
> from it? I consider that to call somebody a liar is a grave insult. I may
> be wrong, mistaken, a complete idiot whatever, but I'm not a liar

Okay. You are wrong, mistaken and a complete idiot.

>>> You have made a link to a link to a search engine advanced search page..
>>> well done

>> And which of the supposed-to-fail browsers did you use to get there?

> In this case Konqueror. I'm using Knode as my newsreader and that's the
> default, which I have not had the need to change.
>
> Problem is you didn't link to the specific case that I had.

Your "specific case" was about the proper escaping of ampersand not working
in your browsers. Andreas has provided you with a link using proper
escaping of ampersands that works using your browser - exactly the sort of
link you are saying doesn't work. Certainly is a valid case indeed.

--
Iso.
Web Standards: http://www.webstandards.org/

CJ

Isofarro wrote:

> CJ wrote:

>>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>>
>>> The underlined.

>> Lets get something straight here. I am not a liar, what have I got gain
>> from it? I consider that to call somebody a liar is a grave insult. I may
>> be wrong, mistaken, a complete idiot whatever, but I'm not a liar

> Okay. You are wrong, mistaken and a complete idiot.

>>> And which of the supposed-to-fail browsers did you use to get there?

>> In this case Konqueror. I'm using Knode as my newsreader and that's the
>> default, which I have not had the need to change.
>>
>> Problem is you didn't link to the specific case that I had.

> Your "specific case" was about the proper escaping of ampersand not
> working in your browsers. Andreas has provided you with a link using
> proper escaping of ampersands that works using your browser - exactly the
> sort of link you are saying doesn't work. Certainly is a valid case
> indeed.

Not the same browser, not the same machine, not even the same OS, not the
same code -
--
remove ".nospam" from my reply address