Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Visited Link Color Question

Re: Visited Link Color Question

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Joe Wilson"
<(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Can someone tell me how I can use a style sheet to ensure that none of
> the links I have on the page change color once they are visited and
> just retain the default color that was originally specified?
>
> Here's the style sheet I have so far. You'll see that on hover I'm
> changing the color to gray but that is all the I want to happen. No
> underline, no color change on visit, etc. Thanks in advance!
>
> A:link {
> text-decoration: none;
>
> } /* unvisited link */
> A:visited {
> text-decoration: none;
> } /* visited links */
>
> A:hover {
> text-decoration: none;
> color: #999999;
> }
> A:active {
> text-decoration: none;
>
> } /* active links */

You can explicitly define the color, as you did with a:hover, but, consider
this - how are visitors going to know that they have already visited that
link? In addition, is there a reason why you have text-decoration:none?
It might be confusing for visitors if there is no underline to indicate a
link.

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.arbpen.com