Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: What's Wrong with this?

Re: What's Wrong with this?

David Davis.

*

Sean Jorden wrote:

> David Davis <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):

> >> Again, you cannot do this with plain HTML.

> > In other words you don't know how to do it.
> >

> you would think this would be possible, but... Hypothetical situation: IE
> and Outlook. IE would have to interpret that form, invoke Outlook and
> populate the message with the form data. However it doesn't seem to do
> anything more that pass the address and subject (from the URI only).

I don't use Bill Gates mistakes, creatures from hell, so I cannot
tell you what it does, but I can tell you what Netscape does.
The page comes up you hit the browse button, look for the file,
add it, then hit submit, it send it and the attachment comes up
as a URL, you click on the URL and a 10 kb file is downloaded
where you like, and it is not the .jpg file though. What's up with
that?

Why is it only 10 kb not say the 16 kb it was?

> *
>
> So there is nothing to know how to do, or not know how to do. It just
> doesn't work that way.

*
*

Toby A Inkster

David Davis. wrote:

> Sean Jorden wrote:
>> you would think this would be possible, but... Hypothetical situation: IE
>> and Outlook.

> I don't use Bill Gates mistakes, creatures from hell,

I know... you use...

Ha ha ha! Is this the worst browser in history? Quite possibly.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS | (E-Mail Removed) | pgp:0x6A2A7D39
aim:inka80 | icq:6622880 | yahoo:tobyink | jabber:(E-Mail Removed)

Toby A Inkster

Joel Shepherd wrote:

> Toby A Inkster wrote:
>> David Davis. wrote:

>> Ha ha ha! Is this the worst browser in history? Quite possibly.

> What does an e-mail client have to do with a browser?

David certainly implied that he was using Netscape as a browser:

"I don't use Bill Gates mistakes, creatures from hell, so I cannot
tell you what it does, but I can tell you what Netscape does."

and I can't imagine he has Netscape 4 and a more recent Netscape installed
side by side, yet still uses Netscape 4 for e-mail.