Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Font Sizes

Font Sizes

mcp6453

What is the difference in HTML between a font size of 0 and +0? I have a
page with text that is one size too big -- it's +1 now. If I change it
to +0, it's the right size. However, I initially changed it to 0, but
that was WAY too small. Obviously I'm not an HTML coder.

Mark Jones

"mcp6453" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is the difference in HTML between a font size of 0 and +0? I have a
> page with text that is one size too big -- it's +1 now. If I change it
> to +0, it's the right size. However, I initially changed it to 0, but
> that was WAY too small. Obviously I'm not an HTML coder.

I have never used 0, but what it is doing is displaying the
smallest font based on your default font size. Using the
+/- font sizes is an adjustment from your baseline font
size. An absolute number such as 0 is the same as using
-3, since the baseline size is 3.

David Dorward

mcp6453 wrote:

> What is the

.... correct way to post articles to multiple newsgroups?

David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/

mcp6453

David Dorward wrote:

> mcp6453 wrote:
>
> > What is the

> ... correct way to post articles to multiple newsgroups?
>
> http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html
>
> --
> David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/

I posted to this newsgroup after getting a stupid answer in the other
one. However, thank you for your concern.

Nico Schuyt

mcp6453 wrote:
> What is the difference in HTML between a font size of 0 and +0? I
> have a page with text that is one size too big -- it's +1 now. If I
> change it to +0, it's the right size. However, I initially changed it
> to 0, but that was WAY too small.

> Obviously I'm not an HTML coder.

So don't use HTML but try CSS instead
Between <head></head):
body {font-size: 95%}
Better: don't specify a font size at all. Let the visitor decide.
Nico