Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Can this be done?

Can this be done?

Tom

Hello, I am new at HTML coding, and wonder if the following is possible.

I would like to create a page with an open ended table as such:

CODE DESCRIPTION FEE
-------------
| ADD COURSE |
-------------

--------
Total FEE: | 0.00 |
--------

When you press the 'ADD COURSE ' button, you open a page that uses a selection
of menues to get you the code, description, and fee. Accepting these values pops
you back and you would see something like this:

CODE DESCRIPTION FEE
----------
555 Basic HTML 100.00 | DELETE |
------------- ----------
| ADD COURSE |
-------------

--------
Total FEE: | 100.00 |
--------

Press the 'ADD COURSE ' button again, and you could add another item:

CODE DESCRIPTION FEE
----------
555 Basic HTML 100.00 | DELETE |
----------
654 Advanced HTML 200.00 | DELETE |
------------- ----------
| ADD COURSE |
-------------

--------
Total FEE: | 100.00 |
--------

Pressing the 'DELETE' button would remove that entry line and update the total fee.

Can something like this be done in HTML? Any pointers as to how...
Thank you for any help, Tom
kill the x's...

mark | r

yes uyou need a javascript array - search for "javascript database" on
google, i know theres one out there

mark

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hello, I am new at HTML coding, and wonder if the following is possible.
>
> I would like to create a page with an open ended table as such:
>
> CODE DESCRIPTION FEE
> -------------
> | ADD COURSE |
> -------------
>
> --------
> Total FEE: | 0.00 |
> --------
>

> When you press the 'ADD COURSE ' button, you open a page that uses a

selection
> of menues to get you the code, description, and fee. Accepting these

values pops
> you back and you would see something like this:
>
> CODE DESCRIPTION FEE
> ----------
> 555 Basic HTML 100.00 | DELETE |
> ------------- ----------
> | ADD COURSE |
> -------------
>
> --------
> Total FEE: | 100.00 |
> --------
>
> Press the 'ADD COURSE ' button again, and you could add another item:
>
> CODE DESCRIPTION FEE
> ----------
> 555 Basic HTML 100.00 | DELETE |
> ----------
> 654 Advanced HTML 200.00 | DELETE |
> ------------- ----------
> | ADD COURSE |
> -------------
>
> --------
> Total FEE: | 100.00 |
> --------
>
> Pressing the 'DELETE' button would remove that entry line and update the

total fee.

> Can something like this be done in HTML? Any pointers as to how...
> Thank you for any help, Tom
> (E-Mail Removed)
> kill the x's...

viza

and then Tom said:

> I would like to create a page with an open ended table as such:
>
> When you press the 'ADD COURSE ' button, you open a page that uses a
> selection of menues to get you the code, description, and fee. Accepting
>
> Press the 'ADD COURSE ' button again, and you could add another item:
>
> Pressing the 'DELETE' button would remove that entry line and update the
> total fee.

This cannot be done in html, and to do it in javascript would be
irresponsible, both for people who choose not to use it, and posibly for
security given you are displaying prices. You need to learn a server side
scripting language. http://www.php.net/ is a good start.

Sam Hughes

"mark | r" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:3f321467$0$956
$(E-Mail Removed):

> yes uyou need a javascript array - search for "javascript database" on
> google, i know theres one out there
>
> mark

No, client-side code is not an appropriate solution; it is unreliable.
If you used server-side processing, perhaps something done in PHP, you
could get it to work more reliably. No matter what, the site would need
server-side code to work, and javascript would not provide any
significant advantage (while including plenty of disadvantages, though).

> "Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>> Hello, I am new at HTML coding, and wonder if the following is

possible.

>> I would like to create a page with an open ended table as such:
>>
>> CODE DESCRIPTION FEE
>> -------------
>> | ADD COURSE |
>> -------------
>>
>> --------
>> Total FEE: | 0.00 |
>> --------
>>

>> When you press the 'ADD COURSE ' button, you open a page that uses a

> selection
>> of menues to get you the code, description, and fee. Accepting these

> values pops
>> you back and you would see something like this:
>>
>> CODE DESCRIPTION FEE
>> ----------
>> 555 Basic HTML 100.00 | DELETE |
>> ------------- ----------
>> | ADD COURSE |
>> -------------
>>
>> --------
>> Total FEE: | 100.00 |
>> --------
>>
>> Press the 'ADD COURSE ' button again, and you could add another item:
>>
>> CODE DESCRIPTION FEE
>> ----------
>> 555 Basic HTML 100.00 | DELETE |
>> 654 Advanced HTML 200.00 | DELETE |