Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Avoiding double spacing before a blockquote

Re: Avoiding double spacing before a blockquote

Sid Ismail

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 18:32:24 -0500, "Fred Camper"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

: I'm trying to do a title followed by an indented list, but I don't want
: numbers or bullets, so I'm trying to use blockquote. But it always results
: in a double spacing before the blockquoted text; I don't want a spacing,
: just the list starting on the very next line. I've been reading about css
: but can't find a formatting method that will do this. Is there any way? It
: doesn't have to be with blockquote. I just want it to look like
: Title
: Item One
: Item Two
: etc.
: But I don't want to use the code for spaces because some of the items will
: be much longer than a single line in at some screen resolutions, and there
: will be no way to preserve the indents.

Blockquote gives you margins both left and right. The CSS way would be to
define
..indent {margin-left:2em;}

and then
Title<br>