Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Avoiding the double space before a blockquote

Avoiding the double space before a blockquote

Fred Camper

I'm trying to do a title followed by an indented list, but I don't want
numbers or bullets, so I'm trying to use blockquote. But it always results
in a double spacing before the blockquoted text; I don't want a spacing,
just the list starting on the very next line. I've been reading about css
but can't find a formatting method that will do this. Is there any way? It
doesn't have to be with blockquote. I just want it to look like
Title
Item One
Item Two
etc.
But I don't want to use the code for spaces because some of the items will
be much longer than a single line in at some screen resolutions, and there
will be no way to preserve the indents.
Thanks in advance.

Toby A Inkster

Fred Camper wrote:

> I'm trying to do a title followed by an indented list, but I don't want
> numbers or bullets, so I'm trying to use blockquote

Bad method. Here's how to do a title followed by an indented list:

<h1>Title</h1>
<ul class="noBullets">
<li>Item Once</li>
<li>Item Two</li>
<li>etc</li>
</ul>

and then in your style sheet:

ul.noBullets {
list-style: none;
}

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS | (E-Mail Removed) | pgp:0x6A2A7D39
aim:inka80 | icq:6622880 | yahoo:tobyink | jabber:(E-Mail Removed)