Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: (X)HTML Strict WYSIWYG?

Re: (X)HTML Strict WYSIWYG?

Whitecrest

In article <bgpu0t$8ko$1$(E-Mail Removed)>,

> Might it be that the difference in sites offered to North American and
> European visitors is a reflection of the differences in the availability
> and take-up of broadband connections?

Absolutely. But it doesn't matter what they reason is, the bottom line
is when what ever reason they don't like it is removed (slow
connection?) they flock to it.

There is also a huge increase in the watching of streaming video, and
the downloading of large files when someone gets broadband. So if the
majority of my customers have broadband, why should I not use these
things? companies do it because it bring in more revenue when they do.
If it didn't, they wouldn't do it.

And yes, it is all about money.

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

Whitecrest

says...
> > So if the majority of my customers have broadband, why should I not
> > use these things?

> The majority of your customers have broadband, so you make a site that
> requires it, so the majority of your customers have broadband.
>
> Whatever happened to getting new customers?

Well it is pretty obvious, as they get broadband, they can become
customers. The exact same way as soon as I got broadband, I started
getting very interested in streaming media. Now, several years later,
I make my living with it.

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com