Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Using ActiveX controls? Help?

Re: Using ActiveX controls? Help?

Leif K-Brooks

Some One wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm working on a website and it would be quite helpful if I could
> include some of the controls I normally find in Visual Basic 6. Things
> such as RichTextboxes, the Calendar control and others. I'm also
> considering creating some ActiveX DLL files to implement as objects on
> my website.
>
> I really don't know how to begin with this. Is this feasable?
>
> The target audience is ONLY using Windows and IE 6. There may be a few
> older Windows NT stations that MAY use my site, but they are more than
> likely going to be upgraded to Windows 2000.
>
> Can someone suggest a starting point for me to investigate, both for
> including objects onto webpages as well as creating custom controls to
> include on a webpage?

This is the world-wide web, not the Micro$oft-side web. Stop thinking in
terms of how to use a proprietary solution, and start thinking of a
*real* HTML solution.
http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Fix_the_wrong_problem

Leif K-Brooks

Some One wrote:

> I'm sorry, but Netscape is dead. I'm not going to waste time coding a
> page for a dead browser.

Maybe so, but Mozilla isn't.

brucie

In post <PECWa.582400$(E-Mail Removed) >
Some One said...

> My application is an INTRANET application. Very much NOT the WWW.

<quote>
It is assumed your questions/problems are in a World Wide Web context,
if not say so. Solutions for local situations are often different.
</quote> http://alt-html.org/

--
brucie a. blackford. 02/August/2003 09:28:21 am kilo.
http://loser.brucies.com/