Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: https sites??

Re: https sites??

brucie

In post <(E-Mail Removed) o.com>
Anonymous Sender said...

> I read somewhere that when you go to one of these sites, the site can
> see exactly who you are and your isp, even if you are using a proxy. Is
> this true?

no but if a person uses internet explorer it has a security hole over
two years old that allows real time decryption of encrypted traffic.

if a person uses windows/IE anyone can take control of their computer
and find out whatever they like. just as if they were sitting in front
of it. a firewall is not going to help. all it requires is for the
person to view a web page or an email.

IE has a lot of "silent delivery and installation of an executable"
security holes. yet another one was discovered last week.

--
brucie a. blackford. 01/August/2003 06:15:51 pm kilo.
http://loser.brucies.com/