Clive Moss

I know this is slightly off topic but I thought some here would be
interested to see the ultimate in bad design:

Take a look at www.wyastonehotel.co.uk

(You'll need IE6 to see anything other than gobble-de-gook)

Incidentally when I try to view source in IE6 the option is greyed-out. None
of the tricks to overcome this, talked about here a few days ago work on
this site. Viewing source in Mozilla just gives the same gobble-de-gook as
the page.

Any comments?

Clive

brucie

In post <gX3Wa.9$(E-Mail Removed)>
Clive Moss said...

> Take a look at www.wyastonehotel.co.uk
> (You'll need IE6 to see anything other than gobble-de-gook)

its an image being sent with the wrong mime type.

> Incidentally when I try to view source in IE6 the option is greyed-out. None
> of the tricks to overcome this,

because it is an image

--
brucie a. blackford. 31/July/2003 06:01:59 pm kilo.
http://loser.brucies.com/

rf

"brucie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In post <gX3Wa.9$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Clive Moss said...
>
> > Take a look at www.wyastonehotel.co.uk
> > (You'll need IE6 to see anything other than gobble-de-gook)

> its an image being sent with the wrong mime type.
>
> > Incidentally when I try to view source in IE6 the option is greyed-out.

None
> > of the tricks to overcome this,

> because it is an image

It's also bloody sideways, as well as being a scan of somebodys brochure.
That should have been a dead giveaway

Cheers
Richard.

Hywel Jenkins

"mattchu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<bgal9i$mnpt6$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>...
> I was enjoying a good book in gX3Wa.9$(E-Mail Removed),
> when Clive Moss <(E-Mail Removed)> stumbled in shouting
> while inebriated:
> > I know this is slightly off topic but I thought some here would be
> > interested to see the ultimate in bad design:
> >
> > Take a look at www.wyastonehotel.co.uk
> >
> > (You'll need IE6 to see anything other than gobble-de-gook)
> >
> > Incidentally when I try to view source in IE6 the option is
> > greyed-out. None of the tricks to overcome this, talked about here a
> > few days ago work on this site. Viewing source in Mozilla just gives
> > the same gobble-de-gook as the page.
> >
> > Any comments?

> The visual design is all right but someone forgot to convert the image into
> an actual page via Dreamweaver! haha

Anyone else notice that there are no contact details?

--
Hywel

Jacqui or (maybe) Pete

In article <gX3Wa.9$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> I know this is slightly off topic but I thought some here would be
> interested to see the ultimate in bad design:
>
> Take a look at www.wyastonehotel.co.uk

How did you find the page?

Talc Ta Matt

Strange. Maybe when someone calls in asking for info they just refer them to
this page and tell them to print it out. That's the only explanation if this is
a finished page.

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept, Jacqui or (maybe) Pete <(E-Mail Removed)> feverishly
typed:

> In article <gX3Wa.9$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> I know this is slightly off topic but I thought some here would be
>> interested to see the ultimate in bad design:
>>
>> Take a look at www.wyastonehotel.co.uk
>> How did you find the page?

Bloody awful!

Cheers,
Nige

--
Nigel Moss.

Email address is not valid. (E-Mail Removed). Take the dog out!
"How strange the change from major to minor..."

Clive Moss

"Jacqui or (maybe) Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <gX3Wa.9$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > I know this is slightly off topic but I thought some here would be
> > interested to see the ultimate in bad design:
> >
> > Take a look at www.wyastonehotel.co.uk
> >

> How did you find the page?

We were looking through members of the Chamber of Commerce (whose site we
are designing)

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept, Jacqui or (maybe) Pete <(E-Mail Removed)> feverishly
typed:

> In article <bgbgrl$mu2j6$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> While the city slept, Jacqui or (maybe) Pete <(E-Mail Removed)>

feverishly
>> typed:
>>
>>> In article <gX3Wa.9$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>>> (E-Mail Removed) says...

>> Bloody awful!
>> Take my website ...

> ... please!

I say I say I say...

"My web site has no DTD."

"How does it validate?"

"It doesn't!" (Ba'dum, tssh!)

Cheers,
Nige

--
Nigel Moss.

Email address is not valid. (E-Mail Removed). Take the dog out!
"How strange the change from major to minor..."

mattchu

I was enjoying a good book in bgbtgf$nbmg7$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de,
when nice.guy.nige <(E-Mail Removed)> stumbled in shouting while
inebriated:
> I say I say I say...
>
> "My web site has no DTD."
>
> "How does it validate?"
>
> "It doesn't!" (Ba'dum, tssh!)

*laughing out loud*

--
best regards, mattchu

D-Link support is the worst Jim Wireless Networking 6 01-15-2005 12:30 PM
The worst day of my computing life (so far) Headtheball Wireless Networking 0 09-06-2004 03:31 PM
Worst Mozilla Website Alan P Firefox 4 01-21-2004 08:07 PM
Re: Worst CCIE job in the world! Digital Doug Cisco 1 07-22-2003 08:13 AM
Re: Worst CCIE job in the world! The Oracle Cisco 0 07-15-2003 09:20 AM

Advertisments