Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > my web page is up again with inprovement

Reply
Thread Tools

my web page is up again with inprovement

 
 
Adrienne
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-31-2003
Gazing into my crystal ball I observed sinclar sodersas <(E-Mail Removed)>
writing in news(E-Mail Removed):

>
>
> On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:35:00 +0100, jake <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>nyone using a non-visual

> what you mean a "non visual" ... is for phone browser ?
>
>
>


No, in this case, a browser that reads the page to you.

They come in very handy when you're writing content and trying to do your
own proofreading. Because you've written the content, your eyes might not
catch errors, but hearing your content read back to you helps you catch
mistakes easily. I have the IBM Homepage Reader and I love it.

--
Adrienne Boswell
Please respond to the group so others can share
http://www.arbpen.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
jake
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-31-2003
In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, sinclar
sodersas <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>
>
>On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:35:00 +0100, jake <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>nyone using a non-visual

>what you mean a "non visual" ... is for phone browser ?
>
>
>

As an example, people who have sight impairments will use a browser or
screen reader that will *speak* the contents of the Web page.

regards
--
Jake
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
William Tasso
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-31-2003
sinclar sodersas wrote:
> i check it like you said and from validator i got this messagge after
> i insert the doctype line
>
>
> Sorry, this type of URI scheme (undefined) is not supported by this
> service. Please check that you entered the URI correctly.
>
> URIs should be in the form: http://validator.w3.org/
>
> what kind of doctype i should put in ???
> ...


http://www.magnetosgifts.com/ is a blank page. well there's loads of script
but the w3c validator validates HTML - it doesn't understand javascript.
--
William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
sinclar sodersas
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-01-2003
so how can i validate this page ... i 'm using a shopping cart program
that generate this web template . "scs3.2 - www.scsystem.com "
On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 00:15:46 +0100, "William Tasso" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>sinclar sodersas wrote:
>> i check it like you said and from validator i got this messagge after
>> i insert the doctype line
>>
>>
>> Sorry, this type of URI scheme (undefined) is not supported by this
>> service. Please check that you entered the URI correctly.
>>
>> URIs should be in the form: http://validator.w3.org/
>>
>> what kind of doctype i should put in ???
>> ...

>
>http://www.magnetosgifts.com/ is a blank page. well there's loads of script
>but the w3c validator validates HTML - it doesn't understand javascript.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Titus A Ducksass
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-01-2003
On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 00:04:04 +0100, jake <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, sinclar
>sodersas <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>>
>>
>>On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:35:00 +0100, jake <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>nyone using a non-visual

>>what you mean a "non visual" ... is for phone browser ?
>>
>>
>>

>As an example, people who have sight impairments will use a browser or
>screen reader that will *speak* the contents of the Web page.
>
>regards

There are other devices such as braile readers which output the text
character by character one line at a time.

I prefer the Jaws screen reader.

To test if your site works, install a screen reader, turn off the
monitor and see if you can navigate through the site.

Never ask a VI person to check your site for you as they tend to know
the quirks to get past bad code and tend to forget to tell you about
it.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Hywel Jenkins
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-01-2003
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> On 31 Jul 2003 03:55:21 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (Hywel
> Jenkins) wrote:
>
> >Titus A Ducksass <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> >> On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 03:13:56 GMT, "rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> >"sinclar sodersas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >> >> my web page is up again with some inprovement
> >> >> what you think of it ..some info please i need to know if a made some
> >> >> mistake ???? thank you..
> >> >> www.magnetosgifts.com
> >> >
> >> >Ah, much better than the last one I just looked at. Nicely fluid and you let
> >> >*me* choose my own font size. Very good.
> >> >
> >> >Still using tables for non-tablular data though.
> >> >
> >> >You should use a width in em's for that left hand nav bar. When I make my
> >> >font larger some of it wraps and some of it disappears off the right hand
> >> >side.
> >> >
> >> >You also use deprecated stuff lke <font> and bgcolor for table cells. Move
> >> >everything to CSS and go to the strict DTD.
> >>
> >> Richard, this is much more constructive than the last post I found
> >> from you. Well done.

> >
> >Nicely condescending. How about you learn to quote properly while you're at it?

>
> quote what ??? sorry more info ..
>


http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post
--
Hywel I do not each quiche
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/mfaq.php
 
Reply With Quote
 
rf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-01-2003

"My Liege" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns93CA1EC4DD103HombreVIIIyahoocom@63.240.76. 16...

<snip righteous rubbish>

Do **** off, there's a good chap.


 
Reply With Quote
 
William Tasso
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-01-2003
sinclar sodersas wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 00:15:46 +0100, "William Tasso" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> sinclar sodersas wrote:
>>> i check it like you said and from validator i got this messagge
>>> after i insert the doctype line
>>>
>>>
>>> Sorry, this type of URI scheme (undefined) is not supported by this
>>> service. Please check that you entered the URI correctly.
>>>
>>> URIs should be in the form: http://validator.w3.org/
>>>
>>> what kind of doctype i should put in ???
>>> ...

>>
>> http://www.magnetosgifts.com/ is a blank page. well there's loads
>> of script but the w3c validator validates HTML - it doesn't
>> understand javascript.


> so how can i validate this page ... i 'm using a shopping cart program
> that generate this web template . "scs3.2 - www.scsystem.com "


I have no experience of using that software but I do know that web pages
should contain HTML. For any other type of resource you will need to use
different type of validation to spec.

Perhaps use a more standards compliant shopping cart.
http://www.scsystem.com doesn't validate either which gives an indication
(but not proof of course) of the quality of pages generated with their
software.

--
William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to update the current web page? (delete current web page + rewrite the page) laryten@yahoo.com Javascript 3 10-12-2006 07:33 PM
accessing the web user control's control from a web page and set a value from another web page Reny J Joseph Thuthikattu ASP .Net 1 12-30-2004 12:21 PM
RE: Web page is not available - "The Web page you requested is not available offline. To view this page, click Connect" =?Utf-8?B?VHJldm9yIEJlbmVkaWN0IFI=?= ASP .Net 0 06-07-2004 07:11 AM
Re: Web page is not available - "The Web page you requested is not available offline. To view this page, click Connect" Natty Gur ASP .Net 0 06-06-2004 05:46 AM
jserve booting again and again amit Java 0 10-02-2003 04:26 PM



Advertisments