Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: finished new design for my website

Re: finished new design for my website

Denise Enck

"AC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bg9tnk$27f$01$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> Hello
> I've just finished the new design for my website and I would like some
> feedback
> on it please.
>
> You can view it at www.audioconverter.info
>
> Thanks in advance
> AC

It's aesthetically pleasing.

But you need to run it through the validator, there are many errors.
http://validator.w3.org

For starters ~
Your DOCTYPE and META tags should be in the HEAD of your document.
You can only have one HEAD and one BODY

and please don't use FrontPage. It sucks. It doesn't make good webpages.
Learn how to write HTML yourself (it's not hard) or at least get something a
little better like Dreamweaver.

best,
Denise

Denise Enck

"Denise Enck" wrote:
> "AC" wrote
> > Hello
> > I've just finished the new design for my website and I would like some
> > feedback
> > on it please.
> >
> > You can view it at www.audioconverter.info
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > AC
> >

> For starters ~
> Your DOCTYPE and META tags should be in the HEAD of your document.
> You can only have one HEAD and one BODY

oops, I mistyped.
The DOCTYPE should immediately precede the HEAD

rf

"Hywel Jenkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> In article <nc0Wa.126490$(E-Mail Removed) link.net>,
> > "Denise Enck" wrote:

> > oops, I mistyped.
> > The DOCTYPE should immediately precede the HEAD

> DOCTYPE should precede the <HTML>.

And so as to not trigger quirks mode in one very well used browser it must
be the very first line of the document. Nothing at all before it. Even:

<!-- comment -->
<!DOCTYPE ...

will trigger quirks mode, as will leaving out the URL to a DTD, as I see AC
has done. It does not even matter if the URL leads to a 404, just so long as
it is there.

Cheers
Richard.