Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Eureka! How to create or get rid of scrollbars in Netscape

Re: Eureka! How to create or get rid of scrollbars in Netscape

My Liege

"rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:e6OVa.592$bo1.232@news-
server.bigpond.net.au:

> "My Liege" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns93C84274C95E5HombreVIIIyahoocom@63.240.76. 16...
>> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Hywel Jenkins) wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) om:
>>
>> > It's a dumb thing to do. Have you tried viewing that page at

640x480?
>> > Have you tried it at 500w x 900h?

>> Yep, fortunately most people surf with the window maximized

> How do you know that? Please cite references to substantiate this

claim.

Try http://www.anypage.com and look at your browser window.

> Cheers
> Richard.

rf

"My Liege" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns93C8AF372926CHombreVIIIyahoocom@204.127.19 9.17...
> "rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:e6OVa.592$bo1.232@news-
> server.bigpond.net.au:
>

> > "My Liege" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:Xns93C84274C95E5HombreVIIIyahoocom@63.240.76. 16...

> >> Yep, fortunately most people surf with the window maximized

> > How do you know that? Please cite references to substantiate this

> claim.
>

> Try http://www.anypage.com and look at your browser window.

Just how does that site substantiate your claim? It's just another rather
boring looking fixed width site. It is, however, much better than your page.
At least the content is easily accessible using the standard browser scroll
bars, although I cannot read it as the text is in Chinese

And how does "looking at my browser" substantiate your claim? In fact it
does not. Quite the reverse. My browser is currently set to about 750 pixels
wide by about 1050 pixels high, hardly full screen and most certainly not
maximized.

I'm still waiting for you to cite some reliable resource, not just a random
web page. Until you do I can only assume you are talking out of your arse.

Cheers
Richard.